Gordonsville vs Whitwell

TheBlueprint

7 hours ago, rtl112 said:

What happen to the tigers tonight? I didn't see this one being quite that close.

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Yall sandbagging? 

Prep made it tough on us with their speed and we couldn’t seem to tackle very well. On offense we couldn’t really do anything. They had better athletes all across the field. Even when we would had a nice play that looked like it could go the distance, they chased us down from behind. Overall, they were way more athletic but the difference imo was coaching and team camaraderie

I label myself as a realist rather than a homer, so here's my take.

I honestly didn't think Gordonsville would win last night. Studying schedules and watching Gordonsville's inconsistency this year, I predicted the Tigers wouldn't be able to handle Whitwell. So figured it would be a 2nd round exit. However, seeing how close Prep kept that game with Whitwell, I was concerned that last night may be an early exit. Most knew this years team would be completely different from last year losing that senior class, but still optimistic there would be enough talent remaining to build on. There may be some, but this team just never seemed to get better all year. Mistakes every game, all game long. Never could put my finger on it. Not sure if players really bought in, or maybe some are playing positions  they aren't comfortable in, or could be a disconnect with coaching, but this bunch just never seemed to gel. 

To beat Whitwell, Gordonsville may have to be close to perfect, and they haven't proved they can come close to doing that this year.

Now I'm starting to think like a Vols fan, "maybe next year."

21 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I might have been wrong about Gordonsville. The Chatt Prep score is eye popping.   Gordonsville played Smith County to 6 points and had chances to beat them. Either last night is an anomaly or South Pitts region is a lot better than most think. I’m just keeping it real

South Pitt would be #1 in almost every classification in the state. Some have them and Bradley Central tied at 1 overall in state. I was more worried about clay playing CP if we won region to tell you the truth. All that talent is dangerous. They put more points on South Pitt than any of their region opponents. Just got out coached in most games. I’m just hoping that Clay can keep it close for a while on this game. It would be like David And The Goliath if they could pull it off Lord Willing.

7 minutes ago, Dog13 said:

South Pitt would be #1 in almost every classification in the state. Some have them and Bradley Central tied at 1 overall in state. I was more worried about clay playing CP if we won region to tell you the truth. All that talent is dangerous. They put more points on South Pitt than any of their region opponents. Just got out coached in most games. I’m just hoping that Clay can keep it close for a while on this game. It would be like David And The Goliath if they could pull it off Lord Willing.

1A and 2A and that’s it, you really don’t think they would be 1# in 3A and above do you?