Round 2: Oneida @ York

Spike016

37 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Ok ok. Y’all are good this year and can’t deny that but enjoy it while you can. Once this year is over and the QB graduates and the HC decides to leave until the next good team comes around y’all will go back to bottom dwellers  :thumb:

I could be wrong but I think they have makings of a pretty good team the next few years.  The QB will definitely be a hard one to replace.  

12 hours ago, Spike016 said:

I ain’t wishin. I’m hopin and prayin. I hope they fumble 3-4 times. I hope their cleats won’t stick in the ground and they slip and fall all night. I hope they get 10-12 penalties called on em. I don’t want them to struggle I want the wheels to fall off. 

I agree. Even though playing at York 10-12 penalties is unlikely. I figure the scoreboard will be 14-0 before we even get off the bus and if we was to get ahead the lights miraculously shut off or something of that sort.  

1 hour ago, YAIDAD said:

Radio interview when he took it he said till he retires.  I’m hoping it’s a few years. I like the new D coordinator they have so hopefully he sticks around and takes it after Coach Wright decides to retire.  

That’ll be good for the program. He’s coachin em up this year for sure. 

14 minutes ago, MoonMan57 said:

I agree. Even though playing at York 10-12 penalties is unlikely. I figure the scoreboard will be 14-0 before we even get off the bus and if we was to get ahead the lights miraculously shut off or something of that sort.  

Now Moon Man you don’t think they would do something like that do ya??? That is takin a trick out of the mighty Alcoa’s playbook. Alcoa pulled that one out a couple weeks back.

12 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Now Moon Man you don’t think they would do something like that do ya??? That is takin a trick out of the mighty Alcoa’s playbook. Alcoa pulled that one out a couple weeks back.

I heard a story of a Bill Hall coached basketball team going to Jimtown lights go out when they came back on the score was different:lol:

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Booyah!

8 hours ago, crow said:

He is a freshman and yes has played all year but he has not played on defense in every game this year. 

Quote from the article by Ben Garrett:

Enter Eli Jordan Sexton. In his first season of high school football, Sexton hasn't played on the defensive side of the ball in every game. But he got a big opportunity on a big stage in the Indians' first round playoff win in Elizabethton on Friday, and he came through in a big way. In fact, it's not unfair to say that Sexton was a big reason why the Indians won the game — or, at least, a big reason why they shut out Happy Valley. The freshman forced two fumbles and recovered one, including a big stop on the Warriors' most promising drive of the night, after they had reached Oneida's 21-yard-line.

Link to the article:

https://www.indherald.com/2023/11/05/youth-fuels-oneidas-surprisingly-good-defense/

He played alot in the 3rd game of the year vs Eagleton. He's played in every game since then except for 1. They rotate about 5-6 DT's. He played vs Tellico, York, Bledsoe, Polk, Happy Valley. He doesn't really play offense this year. He's going to be a heck of a player down the road, maybe even as soon as next year. But thinking he hasn't been playing much til lately is wrong. He was lineman of the game in the 3rd game of the season. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball

58 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

He played alot in the 3rd game of the year vs Eagleton. He's played in every game since then except for 1. They rotate about 5-6 DT's. He played vs Tellico, York, Bledsoe, Polk, Happy Valley. He doesn't really play offense this year. He's going to be a heck of a player down the road, maybe even as soon as next year. But thinking he hasn't been playing much til lately is wrong. He was lineman of the game in the 3rd game of the season. 

Basically the same thing I said. Played some as part of a rotation in 8 of 11 games.