Humboldt Head Coach Opening

Stinger99

14 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Yea I agree .. questionable decison to change but if you’re Humboldt , getting ssomeone  with head coach experience is huge . Humboldt probably has the better athletes 

Arguable about the athletes...Bolivar has plenty of them as well, but both schools have problems getting their athletes on the football field.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't had the chance to post on this so I will go ahead. I do like this hire for Humboldt. For Hayden Williams, it is currently a "lateral" job, but the chances to win will be higher than he was at Bolivar. I have no idea what's going on in Hardeman County, but I think it's a head scratcher to see both of their high schools in Bolivar and Middleton to have new principals over the Christmas Break. Another off the topic thing is the drive. There's not a "straight shot" from where Williams live currently to Bolivar. Going from Bolivar to Humboldt will cut off at least 1 hour each day for Williams. So, he can used that hour to either spend time with family, or still work with football.

Move on to Humboldt, I think the Vikings are getting a coach that will no their strengths and most importantly, personnel. If Humboldt has the personnel and the QB to throw the football, they'll throw it. If they have the offensive line and running backs to run the football, they'll run it. I don't think HS football coaches utilized their personnel enough. If the players and community can buy in and play good fundamental football, then Humboldt should be a good decent football team. Hayden Williams will care. He's not going to invest so much time for his team not to care. In region play, Williams will get the benefit from playing Covington, Dyersburg, and Ripley, to playing Lake County, Dresden, and New York City.

10 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Haven't had the chance to post on this so I will go ahead. I do like this hire for Humboldt. For Hayden Williams, it is currently a "lateral" job, but the chances to win will be higher than he was at Bolivar. I have no idea what's going on in Hardeman County, but I think it's a head scratcher to see both of their high schools in Bolivar and Middleton to have new principals over the Christmas Break. Another off the topic thing is the drive. There's not a "straight shot" from where Williams live currently to Bolivar. Going from Bolivar to Humboldt will cut off at least 1 hour each day for Williams. So, he can used that hour to either spend time with family, or still work with football.

Move on to Humboldt, I think the Vikings are getting a coach that will no their strengths and most importantly, personnel. If Humboldt has the personnel and the QB to throw the football, they'll throw it. If they have the offensive line and running backs to run the football, they'll run it. I don't think HS football coaches utilized their personnel enough. If the players and community can buy in and play good fundamental football, then Humboldt should be a good decent football team. Hayden Williams will care. He's not going to invest so much time for his team not to care. In region play, Williams will get the benefit from playing Covington, Dyersburg, and Ripley, to playing Lake County, Dresden, and New York City.

and New York City.

:roflolk: