Humboldt Head Coach Opening

Stinger99

All the talent in the world.  Community and school system has allowed too much crap.  I feel bad for the kids.  It will take a great coach/dad figure and $ to turn that program around.  I still remember when they were ranked first in the state and hosting dresden in the second round and they had about 200 fans.  Kids deserve better.  

16 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Oh I'm not disagreeing one bit. South Gibson has quickly put themselves among the best in the area across all athletics and academics as well. They'll do whatever they can to keep that in tact 

It takes all different types of people to have a community.  You can’t have the good without the bad. There are plenty of problems in medina as with anywhere else. 

5 hours ago, hogheaven said:

All the talent in the world.  Community and school system has allowed too much crap.  I feel bad for the kids.  It will take a great coach/dad figure and $ to turn that program around.  I still remember when they were ranked first in the state and hosting dresden in the second round and they had about 200 fans.  Kids deserve better.  

The amount of talent Humboldt could’ve had from 2010 beyond is crazy. The kids that live there and moved to crockett, Peabody, SGC, JCS, TCA or USJ just shows how much the school has fallen. Back in the 80’s, 90’s, 00’s they were good in almost every sport. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tide21 said:

It takes all different types of people to have a community.  You can’t have the good without the bad. There are plenty of problems in medina as with anywhere else. 

I didn't imply Medina was plesantville. But introducing students and parents who don't have shared goals isn't good for anyone. It's not Medina's burden to lift the Humboldt community 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigGuy11 said:

Nothing new coming out of Humboldt yet, just resume collecting, assuming they did not get many and that's why they are still collecting them.  

Going to have to roll the dice with an unknown, or get their act together, decide how much the program matters, and make some calls to some targets. If they sit back and just choose from what's available, It will just be more of the same. Contacting solid coaches with an offer won't matter either without compensation and a plan to put the coach in a position to succeed. Nobody's going to volunteer to captain a sinking ship.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:16 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Last year I went to a Humboldt game with my buddy PeabodyPride. I happened to be Humboldts homecoming game. The problems that Humboldt is experiencing goes much deeper than kids or coaches. It is an entire system problem. There were several groups tailgating prior to the game as they had invited past graduating classes back to be recognized at halftime. The people tailgating were smoking weed in the parking lot and drinking. These same people came into the game and acted silly. No administration or school personnel to stop it. I was in line at the concession stand with Pride and people acted straight up ignorant. These were the same people that are influencing the students at that school. And no one in the school system is apparently willing to stop this mess. Gotta fix the problem at home and at the head of the schools or the coach and players will have zero chance. 

Wow. That is crazy. Unfortunately, I do not doubt it 1 bit. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2023 at 9:17 AM, hogheaven said:

I remember that game well as I broadcast it on the local radio station. Great game won by Dresden late. I think Adamsville awaited the winner. Humboldt was loaded and Dan Bland was the coach. Humboldt screwed up royally when they got rid of him to hire the local star player who was a middle school coach.