Humboldt Head Coach Opening

Stinger99

3 hours ago, Deeper said:

Discipline was non existent this year.   Players missing practices Monday - Wednesday and sometimes not showing up till game day.  A good coach would forfeit games instead of letting them even dress out on game day.  If a good coach tries to tackle this then he may have to know going in he may have to forfeit some games in year one due to not 11 guys to dress out due to this.  Very possible the ones use to being able to do this will simply quit leaving only 11 or less on the team.  It could be turned around.  Year 2 could be better.  Year 3 could be better than year 2.  The question is, what coach would be willing to take the job.  There will be zero problems getting someone to take it and keep running things the same way.

Humboldt will always be a basketball school. I’ve yet to see any of the other sports there  go out and get a coach that will advance the program. I hope they do go out and get a coach that will set standards and build it back to where it can be, but i don’t think sports is a priority there like it once was. 

Edited by Goldenpride
  • Like 1

Humboldt has a myriad of problems. Kids do what they want. Absolutely NO weight room. It is a basketball school. I doubt a good veteran coach would touch the job. Maybe the administration can go out and get a young talented coach who would stay at Humboldt. The administration would have to give him all the time and resources he needs. Let him have total control over all things football. Allow him to discipline as he sees first and back him. 

Hearing Humboldt will be a lengthy coaching search. They will continue to take resumes through the 27th of Nov. and look to interview that week. They want a coach in place in Jan as well so they will have to make the interview process quick after collecting resumes. Also hearing they want head football coaching experience, which again seems like it would be hard to come by. 

Rough rough times ahead in Humboldt as far as football goes. This was the most talented team they'll have for a while...and they went 0-10. Unless someone like Gary Rankin decides to take Humboldt on as a charity case I just don't see it going well for them anytime soon. I wonder where 77 plays next year. Apparently he flirted with the idea this past off-season think 0-10 was the nail in the coffin. 

3 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Rough rough times ahead in Humboldt as far as football goes. This was the most talented team they'll have for a while...and they went 0-10. Unless someone like Gary Rankin decides to take Humboldt on as a charity case I just don't see it going well for them anytime soon. I wonder where 77 plays next year. Apparently he flirted with the idea this past off-season think 0-10 was the nail in the coffin. 

You should put in for the job 

Last year I went to a Humboldt game with my buddy PeabodyPride. I happened to be Humboldts homecoming game. The problems that Humboldt is experiencing goes much deeper than kids or coaches. It is an entire system problem. There were several groups tailgating prior to the game as they had invited past graduating classes back to be recognized at halftime. The people tailgating were smoking weed in the parking lot and drinking. These same people came into the game and acted silly. No administration or school personnel to stop it. I was in line at the concession stand with Pride and people acted straight up ignorant. These were the same people that are influencing the students at that school. And no one in the school system is apparently willing to stop this mess. Gotta fix the problem at home and at the head of the schools or the coach and players will have zero chance. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Last year I went to a Humboldt game with my buddy PeabodyPride. I happened to be Humboldts homecoming game. The problems that Humboldt is experiencing goes much deeper than kids or coaches. It is an entire system problem. There were several groups tailgating prior to the game as they had invited past graduating classes back to be recognized at halftime. The people tailgating were smoking weed in the parking lot and drinking. These same people came into the game and acted silly. No administration or school personnel to stop it. I was in line at the concession stand with Pride and people acted straight up ignorant. These were the same people that are influencing the students at that school. And no one in the school system is apparently willing to stop this mess. Gotta fix the problem at home and at the head of the schools or the coach and players will have zero chance. 

Sounds to me that the state should close the school and bus the kids to South Gibson County.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Deeper said:

Sounds to me that the state should close the school and bus the kids to South Gibson County.

Not to sound bad or anything, but the people that have bought 250k to 500k houses in Medina will not have their kids go to school with the students at Humboldt. They will continue to do everything in their power to make sure that the Humboldt kids do not go to South Gibson. I know it is not a popular thing to say, but that is the reality. Take it as you want, but that is the facts.  

Edited by thunderbolts
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

Not to sound bad or anything, but the people that have bought 250k to 500k houses in Medina will not have their kids go to school with the students at Humboldt. They will continue to do everything in their power to make sure that the Humboldt kids do not go to South Gibson. I know it is not a popular thing to say, but that is the reality. Take it as you want, but that is the facts.  

Alot of kids in the town of Humboldt already go to South Gibson or private schools. That's why a town of almost 8k people has a school with the same enrollment as WC (our two main towns Atwood and Trezevant have like 1100 and 900) 

10 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Alot of kids in the town of Humboldt already go to South Gibson or private schools. That's why a town of almost 8k people has a school with the same enrollment as WC (our two main towns Atwood and Trezevant have like 1100 and 900) 

You just made my point, if you can afford to not go to Humboldt City Schools you don't go there. Like BPM just posted a few posts earlier Humboldt has a lot bigger issues than hiring a football coach. I was also there last year and it was crazy to say the least. I did not allow my two younger sons (7 and 2 at the time) to even go because of the problems they have had in the past with security at athletic events. All you have to do is check out Windy City Road heading out of Humboldt and into Jackson every school day to see how many families are choosing to send their kids to private schools in Jackson. It is an absolute traffic jam between 7:30-8:00 and 2:45-3:15.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

You just made my point, if you can afford to not go to Humboldt City Schools you don't go there. Like BPM just posted a few posts earlier Humboldt has a lot bigger issues than hiring a football coach. I was also there last year and it was crazy to say the least. I did not allow my two younger sons (7 and 2 at the time) to even go because of the problems they have had in the past with security at athletic events. All you have to do is check out Windy City Road heading out of Humboldt and into Jackson every school day to see how many families are choosing to send their kids to private schools in Jackson. It is an absolute traffic jam between 7:30-8:00 and 2:45-3:15.

Oh I'm not disagreeing one bit. South Gibson has quickly put themselves among the best in the area across all athletics and academics as well. They'll do whatever they can to keep that in tact