Franklin High School Football Job

SSHawks12

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, memphisfbguru12 said:

Nobody should want to work for the clown show that is Franklin High School and Williamson County’s administration. Somebody told me that they don’t even have field houses over there. All that money they got and not even a field house for the football team?

They have fieldhouses. Just about every school has a good locker room and weight room. More could probably be put into facilities but they have as good if not better facilities than most high schools.

If the same individuals that hired the past three or four head football coaches are part of the decision making process why should the results be any different.  Franklin needs to decide if they are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to win.  It’s much easier to talk about being good but it requires a lot of sweat equity to develop a winning program. 

Edited by cbg

• 1 month later...

Franklin High School is not the great job as it once was.  It is getting harder and harder to win there.  With the addition of Ravenwood, Centennial, Summit, Indy & Nolensville in the last 20 years, the athletes and rezoning gets pushed east.  What Franklin needs is another school built down 96 toward the Davidson County line so that rezoning would push back toward the west and they can regain some of the areas they have lost due to rezoning.  

On 11/8/2023 at 7:11 PM, cbg said:

If the same individuals that hired the past three or four head football coaches are part of the decision making process why should the results be any different.  Franklin needs to decide if they are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to win.  It’s much easier to talk about being good but it requires a lot of sweat equity to develop a winning program. 

Last 4 HC's have been Melton, Webb (61-44), Clayton (65-22) and Johnson (35-7), I call that a pretty good track record going 3/4. Probably could have given Melton another year but 2 wins in 3 years (including 17 losses in a row by the end of his tenure) makes it hard to defend.

With as much success as the county has in football, there's going be 1 or 2 that suffers. Franklin isn't the job it used to be, but I don't think they are that far off from being a decent team. This would be a situation where bring in a young, unconventional coach would probably succeed 

26 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Last 4 HC's have been Melton, Webb (61-44), Clayton (65-22) and Johnson (35-7), I call that a pretty good track record going 3/4. Probably could have given Melton another year but 2 wins in 3 years (including 17 losses in a row by the end of his tenure) makes it hard to defend.

With as much success as the county has in football, there's going be 1 or 2 that suffers. Franklin isn't the job it used to be, but I don't think they are that far off from being a decent team. This would be a situation where bring in a young, unconventional coach would probably succeed 

Clayton was a quality coach