South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Stone Cold vs Action Jackson)

Southtowner

48 minutes ago, piratetom said:

SP vs Gordonsville - a familiar ring every year.

I look for the Pirates to come out firing on all cylinders tonight and take control early in this one. Gordonsville will punch back but will not have enough to overcome what the Pirates will bring at them. Best of luck to both teams for an injury free game. Hopefully emotions will be in check and sportsmanship will be displayed.

Pirates 56

Tigers 14

cant be too many more contestants outside the the Skilletheads region over history that they have met more than the Tigers.....maybe those scattered up and down the length of the valley and platoe.....no doubt 3 or 2 of you south Kimbrell historians know....

....pretty sure SP owns the title belt over this consistant reunion....and that belt stays with the Pirates this evenin

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, powerp said:

I still think it will be difficult for anyone on the east to match up with our athletes. Too many weapons when you have 2 deep threats outside on opposite sides, a power running game, and a mobile qb. I can’t wait for 7:00 PM. I enjoy Gordy’s fans…I like high energy games. 

I agree.

3 hours ago, namelpmis said:

Is it being a fan or a critic when you say a team has cheated and recruited players because you are scared to play them like you did with Greenback? @orngnblk @Gbnation It it being a fan or critic when you say the lovely town of Jasper is the "gayest" city in the wold? @TheTruthPrevails You like to educate but not be educated

LOPWOAO, welcome kinfolke, figure the new screen name proves yous mostly not fearless. Old Pirate going to attempt a short education post response. Your 1st sentence is full of mess. The term used regarding the GB issue was orchestrate/ orchestration. Research the definition for that 1st. It has no connection to the phase, cheat or cheating. Obviously many GB fellers got jocks notted up simply because of their inability to properly understand basic translation of word meanings. 2nd sentence, those old pirates that strapped them up in the dungeon & listened to the replay on Saturday by Eaton Govan didn’t fued with GB ever! Your reference, scared is totally laughable proves yous full of stupid. The Pirate & Cherokee fueds have always been worth the price of admission due competitiveness & respect fer each other and Neither wear Puke purple. 3rd sentence, includes the closest truth comment. The skillet head certainly openly ain’t a fan of Jasper. The gayest city issue is not a creation of OP but simply a acknowledgement of a published reputation perhaps by someone more knowledgeable than this skillet head. Sentence 4, like to educate is  untrue also, necessity is a far better use of words. Perhaps this in depth analysis of your stupid post is helpful. GO PIRATES, remember, “Ifin yous Not the lead dog, the scenery and smell never, ever,ever changes” YepReconSo 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

SP vs Gordonsville - a familiar ring every year.

I look for the Pirates to come out firing on all cylinders tonight and take control early in this one. Gordonsville will punch back but will not have enough to overcome what the Pirates will bring at them. Best of luck to both teams for an injury free game. Hopefully emotions will be in check and sportsmanship will be displayed.

Pirates 56

Tigers 14

Pirate Tom has Pirate blinders. This would never happen. Pirates win but much closer than you think. 

Can Gordonsville keep this one within reach until the 4th? Gordonsville plays everyone close even in defeat. I don’t see this one being crazy like some are predicting. Even without the Collins kid I think South Pitt takes care of business but a lot closer than many think. I am sure Gordonsville will throw the kitchen sink at them but I got South Pitt by 14.  I am just keeping it real 

28-14

6 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Can Gordonsville keep this one within reach until the 4th? Gordonsville plays everyone close even in defeat. I don’t see this one being crazy like some are predicting. Even without the Collins kid I think South Pitt takes care of business but a lot closer than many think. I am sure Gordonsville will throw the kitchen sink at them but I got South Pitt by 14.  I am just keeping it real 

28-14

What’s your thoughts on the 2/11 duo outside with Wellington throwing them the ball? Can Gordy contain?

Edited by powerp

Let me ask everyone this question.

Why does everyone think SP won’t blow us out tonight?

They beat Clay 58-0 last week. 2 weeks we got lucky to beat Clay in double OT.

So tell me why the predictions aren’t skewed big time to SP? I’m a Gordonsville homer and have seen a lot of really good football teams at Gordonsville and this team is a slightly above average team. Nothing more.

Our team in 2021 was better than this years squad and we went to SP and lost 44-14.

Maybe I’m too critical because I’ve seen so many Gordonsville teams but I just don’t see us keeping this one close. I hope I’m wrong.