12-0 York Inst travels to Hampton

UCSportsFan

2 hours ago, Appvol said:

Agree on the top 4 from each region just think it would be cool to seed the 16 in the East and West 1 through 16 and play ball. You wouldn’t have some many of the same teams playing in the early in playoffs year after year. 

That would be something different.

Add a bit more excitement when releasing the bracket.

I'd want more information on how the seeding process would be determined.  

27 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I remember reading about KY doing it. I like it.

I remember hearing about another state, maybe Arkansas, can't remember, but their RPI system rewarded you for beating teams above your class. I can't remember the details but something like you got 1 point for beating a 1A school, 2 points for beating a 2A school, etc etc. At the end of the year, the team with most points, is # 1 seed, and so on down to seed #16. 

All 1a teams are not alike, if we could schedule several 3 and 4 teams from this erea,we'd look like world beaters.Alot of flaws in that system.

17 minutes ago, pujo said:

All 1a teams are not alike, if we could schedule several 3 and 4 teams from this erea,we'd look like world beaters.Alot of flaws in that system.

Nor really. It would hurt you to play cupcakes because their overall record would hurt your RPI. Robbinsville schedule Rabun Gap out Georgia and lost. Their only loss on the year. It helped their RPI and they got the 1 seed in 1a in NC. The defending state champs Mount Airy was undefeated but got the 2 seed out of 32 teams in the West.

Edited by Appvol

14 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

But I don't think you guys should be penalized either for losing to Pisgah. A much larger school from Asheville. 

Actually if they went by RPI in TN the Pisgah game could of helped with seeding. The Pigeon Forge loss would hurt Hampton RPI since they only won 2 games. Pisgah got beat in the 2nd round in NC Friday.

Edited by Appvol