Southwind @ Henry Co (Round 3)

SEC1rules

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

This is not the first time this has been mentioned on here.  Many people believe:

Henry County got away with playing Clarksville-Montgomery County 5A for several years when they should have been playing Williamson County 6A along with Dickson County.  Dickson County was thrown to the wolves those years while Henry County was able to beat up on the sheep.  

Sounds like some very specifically sour grapes to me. Oh well. I think the Clarksville schools did the smart thing by teaming up for their own region. HC appears to still be doing just fine in its new one. 

12 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Sounds like some very specifically sour grapes to me. Oh well. I think the Clarksville schools did the smart thing by teaming up for their own region. HC appears to still be doing just fine in its new one. 

Lots of pluses for MontCo have their region. Reduced travel, chance for higher gates, guarantee of 4 schools playing at least one playoff game.  Downside is the very weak schedule that's played 

1 minute ago, TheCommissioner said:

Lots of pluses for MontCo have their region. Reduced travel, chance for higher gates, guarantee of 4 schools playing at least one playoff game.  Downside is the very weak schedule that's played 

Until Montgomery gets serious about its athletics, not sure the schedule is gonna matter much. Shelby is getting settled back in after their shutdown, most years their 4th seed is gonna be better than that the 1 seed in 7-6A

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Until Montgomery gets serious about its athletics, not sure the schedule is gonna matter much. Shelby is getting settled back in after their shutdown, most years their 4th seed is gonna be better than that the 1 seed in 7-6A

I believe that MontCo is jumping starting their middle school again.  Granted it will take some years for them to be a factor/influence it is a start in the right direction 

13 hours ago, matt_8777 said:

This was the most disciplined team I have ever seen out of Memphis. I thought HC coaches knew what would happen if they didnt play possession football against a very talented team. The QB from SW was the deciding factor. He never got rattled, went through his progressions, and made the plays when needed.  I think HC coaches made two critical errors this game. One was getting cute at end of 1st half with a minute to go and started throwing the ball instead of staying the course and giving his kicker a managable fg to go in the half up 4. Secondly, HC should have gone for 2 on the 3rd TD to try to go up 9 making it a two possession game in the 4th quarter to put maximum pressure on SW with such little time to go. I think HC had a great game plan to slow down SW but in the end, the talent level on offense was the deciding factor. Im a realist. SW has the best chance to win the gold ball between these two teams. They were a more rounded team that could afford to make a few mistakes. SW opened the playbook up where HC seemed to be holding on by a thread playing not to lose. I think SW beats Page by 14-21 next week and gives West all they want.  The Pateiots have nothing to be ashamed of. For a team to look so bad in the preseason against Paducah to a very formidable foe in the playoffs was a testament to the development of these young men. Good luck to SW next week.

I feel Southwind has a great chance to win but I believe the game against Page will look similar to the HC game, Page has a huge Oline and will try to pound the ball and control the clock. They may even have a better defense than HC which will be interesting to see how they deal with SW's passing attack, SW's QB is doing things as a  high school soph that Josh Huepel is trying to get 6th year college senior Joe Milton to do...lol

I said the HC game was toss up and that is pretty much where I am with this one right now, I am really looking forward to watching this one on NHFS or maybe it will be the Friday Night Rivals game of the week...

8 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Honestly, the combined region plus the comeback of middle school football may trigger something positive in that area. I have long believed there could be at least one powerhouse program in Clarksville if it wasn't, well...Clarksville. 

Ultimately, the higher-ups In the Montgomery Co Admin have to be willing to let it happen before it ever actually will. A place with that much access to local talent and a thriving community doesn't need much. Even with the transience of being a military base, it's not as hard as they've made it look. 

15 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Honestly, the combined region plus the comeback of middle school football may trigger something positive in that area. I have long believed there could be at least one powerhouse program in Clarksville if it wasn't, well...Clarksville. 

Ultimately, the higher-ups In the Montgomery Co Admin have to be willing to let it happen before it ever actually will. A place with that much access to local talent and a thriving community doesn't need much. Even with the transience of being a military base, it's not as hard as they've made it look. 

Don't think it's a big stretch if the schools are committed to fielding a good program certainly not for a lack of talent, bball in that area is stout most years

42 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Should be relatively easy for one of them. With that many schools of that size in close proximity to each other who just aren't very good, one energetic and motivated coach could create an atmosphere where most of the athletes would arrange to show up there as Freshmen. 

Just catching up. Sounds like this was one heck of a game. Hats off to Henry County for a great season. Making it to the quarterfinals is still a successful year. Not to mention it would appear you lost to a really quality team and left it all on the field. That’s all you can ask for this time of year.

Page is in for a big challenge next week. It appears that Southwind will be the best team Page has faced yet. Props to them for making it this far. They are really good. Can’t wait for next Friday!

By any chance does anyone know if there is somewhere you can find this game on demand? Would love to go back and watch it. 

Edited by SurfingPatriot786
Added a sentence or two and fixed some grammar.