Anderson County comes to Greeneville

KEV-O

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

How does Anderson County travel, you guys expecting the visitor side to be full?      Thinking about driving down to this one.....

Well in the state championship they may have had one of the largest fan base in a longtime and for 4A may have set a record. That's just word of mouth but on tv it showed. The Mavs local games has one largest fan base in 4A traveling; again what I have been told. 

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well in the state championship they may have had one of the largest fan base in a longtime and for 4A may have set a record. That's just word of mouth but on tv it showed. The Mavs local games has one largest fan base in 4A traveling; again what I have been told. 

The first Championship Game brings the whole Town. Like Elizabethton in 2019. 
They had 1/2 their 3 trip in a row in 2021. So IF they make it I’d expect a fairly big drop off in attendance. 

25 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

The first Championship Game brings the whole Town. Like Elizabethton in 2019. 
They had 1/2 their 3 trip in a row in 2021. So IF they make it I’d expect a fairly big drop off in attendance. 

I wouldn't think so, at all. But anything is possible, depending on the promotion advert etc. 

On 11/13/2023 at 11:44 AM, noonesfool said:

Most of our penalties were well earned. It’s been a problem for about 3 years. This is a special team if they can eliminate the penalties.

Maybe I am looking through a different set of lenses, but I think at least OR close to half of those are because kids are playing hard and fast. Men in stripes get a little to trigger happy with the flag throwing.  Watched the game again Gibbs and a flag was thrown against Greene supposedly because it was a late hit.  Greene clearly hit the guy inbounds, but momentum of both carried them across the white line. That flag should have never been thrown. Greene plays smash mouth football and some just don’t like it. 

4 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Just like last week, this matchup comes down to the play on the line. Skill positions are great at each school. The line will be the key. Keeping a passing QB clean, establishing the run OR stopping the run and forcing a QB to beat you with his arm. The chess match begins!

I believe we have a notable advantage at kicking which could be a large factor in this game. 

4 hours ago, KEV-O said:

Schrodinger's points. You or I don't know if points would have been scored or not. Since the games weren't finished no points were scored you can't asssume. 

Schrödinger once got pulled over for speeding.

Officer asked to see license & registration, then asked if it was okay to look around.

Schrödinger stepped outside the vehicle and obliged the officer.

Presently he heard from the back of the car, "Sir, did you know there is a dead cat in in your trunk??"

"Well," huffed Schrödinger, "I do now...."

50 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Maybe I am looking through a different set of lenses, but I think at least OR close to half of those are because kids are playing hard and fast. Men in stripes get a little to trigger happy with the flag throwing.  Watched the game again Gibbs and a flag was thrown against Greene supposedly because it was a late hit.  Greene clearly hit the guy inbounds, but momentum of both carried them across the white line. That flag should have never been thrown. Greene plays smash mouth football and some just don’t like it. 

That was the only one I questioned. Dead ball fouls were mostly running their mouths excessively. And a ton of offsides. The big holding on the td run the kid knew it and we saw it from the stands before it was tossed. Anyone who knows me knows I like hit ‘em in the mouth football. A good call by the officials for this type of ball you and I like was when our tough as nails junior lber lit a receiver up. Problem was the ball was 3-4 yds over his head and landed 15 yds later. The receiver had brought his hands down and was gearing down as well as the defender with him. In College lead with helmet head to head your out next game, NFL A fine. In high school you can hit a player like that, but the Gibbs player was considered unprotected. High school 15 yds. I love the high school rules. Still a tough game and I’ll take that penalty any day. But still a penalty.

Edited by noonesfool

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

How does Anderson County travel, you guys expecting the visitor side to be full?      Thinking about driving down to this one.....

I know that the last time we hosted a 3rd round game, Elizabethton made our crowd seem like we were at their place.  Greeneville fans, we have to do better!  Period.  

Only noise in the crowd lately are parents griping about the mistreatment of their sons.  Or at least in our reserved section…sheesh!  I sit near a dad that can’t watch the game because he gets so mad, he makes himself look so bad with his antics and outburst.  Man, I get embarrassed for him.  I’m sure it is really embarrassing for the kid.  Parents don’t realize how much pressure that puts on a kid, just trying to play a fun game.

4 minutes ago, GVegasMafia said:

I know that the last time we hosted a 3rd round game, Elizabethton made our crowd seem like we were at their place.  Greeneville fans, we have to do better!  Period.  

Only noise in the crowd lately are parents griping about the mistreatment of their sons.  Or at least in our reserved section…sheesh!  I sit near a dad that can’t watch the game because he gets so mad, he makes himself look so bad with his antics and outburst.  Man, I get embarrassed for him.  I’m sure it is really embarrassing for the kid.  Parents don’t realize how much pressure that puts on a kid, just trying to play a fun game.

Absolutely.