Haywood vs Pearl-cohn

Ljsr

On 11/23/2023 at 9:58 AM, BigDaddyDave said:

WORDS OF CAUTION:

In 2021, Greeneville was undefeated and Ranked #1 in 4A. They ended Elizabethton’s 31 game winning streak by defeating them at their house 44-12. A BEAT DOWN! Fast forward to the quarter finals. The Cyclones come in to Burley Stadium in G-Vegas as considerable underdogs. Yet, walk away with a 13-7 victory. Coaching and player execution of a brilliant game plan can be the difference. PC looks the part. Greeneville looked the part. Tullahomma looked the part in 2020. Ask them about their rematch with Nolensville in the quarters. The next two weeks, anyone can win. Haywood, Pearl Cohn, Greeneville and Upperman all have a legitimate shot at that Gold Ball. I expect the team with the best game plan and execution of that plan will win. When you get to this point, coaching is a factor. Mostly, you can’t just out talent a team anymore. It takes a complete effort from the top down to achieve the goal. Let’s see which staff has the goods and can guide their teams to glory. 
Josh Puckett, Tony Brunetti, Eddie Spradlen and Adam Caine. Good luck gentleman.

While this is very true, if PC doesn't make mistakes or have 20 penalties (which they've come close the last two weeks) I do not believe anyone in 4A will beat them and may not be able to stay within 14+ points. When they are on they are must see, one advantage to Haywood, they've not been on the last couple weeks. 

42 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

While this is very true, if PC doesn't make mistakes or have 20 penalties (which they've come close the last two weeks) I do not believe anyone in 4A will beat them and may not be able to stay within 14+ points. When they are on they are must see, one advantage to Haywood, they've not been on the last couple weeks. 

Thats why the games are played. Past two weeks playing teams we’ve already played and beat, I think we did a great job and a reminder that it’s win or go home. It’s always hard beating a team “Good teams at that twice” . I agree we must limit them penalty’s but I think everyone on this board has been complaining about the refs during the playoffs this year. The kids and coaches know they are going to come out guns blazing. People has doubted  Haywood all year and the have nothing to lose. Safe travels to the Haywood faithful. See yall out North!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Thats why the games are played. Past two weeks playing teams we’ve already played and beat, I think we did a great job and a reminder that it’s win or go home. It’s always hard beating a team “Good teams at that twice” . I agree we must limit them penalty’s but I think everyone on this board has been complaining about the refs during the playoffs this year. The kids and coaches know they are going to come out guns blazing. People has doubted  Haywood all year and the have nothing to lose. Safe travels to the Haywood faithful. See yall out North!!

From the games I've seen I would concur about the stripes, good luck tonight hope to be covering those firebirds in Chattanooga next week!