ER vs York trip to Chattanooga on the line

Chiefbigfoot

Just finished that classic. Isn't an organization like TSSAA supposed to handle situations like this? No way officials on the field are able to accurately determine who gets ejected in that melee. Terrible look for the players, coaches, and schools.

Video must be used. I thought #5Y unsportsmanlike on the tackle that started everything. #2ER should have received an unsportsmanlike on the kickoff return prior to that play and he tried to kick #5 in the head on the ground in the scramble. #0 needed an Unsportsmanlike on the play. #70Y needed tossed. #54 ER and #2ER were close to being ejected. #48Y should be ejected three times and enrolled in a MMA or anger management classes. What was the actual calls and who got thrown out? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

Just finished that classic. Isn't an organization like TSSAA supposed to handle situations like this? No way officials on the field are able to accurately determine who gets ejected in that melee. Terrible look for the players, coaches, and schools.

Video must be used. I thought #5Y unsportsmanlike on the tackle that started everything. #2ER should have received an unsportsmanlike on the kickoff return prior to that play and he tried to kick #5 in the head on the ground in the scramble. #0 needed an Unsportsmanlike on the play. #70Y needed tossed. #54 ER and #2ER were close to being ejected. #48Y should be ejected three times and enrolled in a MMA or anger management classes. What was the actual calls and who got thrown out? 

#0 unsportsmanlike. #48 and #70 ejected from York. #54 from ER ejected. #2 was trying to keep his teammates away from the fight in the brawl at the end but got pushed by #48. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, pujo said:

Shoot 8 15 yarders in the 1st half. A lot of teams don't have that in a year. 

Both teams had six 15-yard penalties. That does not count the off-setting penalties for the fist altercation in the middle of the field or on the sideline (where the coach supposedly put their hands on a York player). This flag on the sideline was uncalled for. The line judge where the tackle happened did not throw the flag it was the side judge that was 15 yards down the field who threw the flag. Legal hit in bounds and they got jumped on the sideline by ER. The fight where fists were thrown was players defending their fellow players (not saying that was legal or right so don't call me classless) but #0 for ER did the same thing and wasn't penalized or thrown out for it. End of the day, the penalty count was even. York had two PF and ejections in the fight and ER only had one but should have been two with the body slam by 0 of ER. So if we are going to call a spade a spade let's do it right. York plays hard nose D and flies to the football...the old saying is "Hit you in the mouth and take your lunch money," but I guess everybody eats free and reduced lunch nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, MrYAIFAN said:

Both teams had six 15-yard penalties. That does not count the off-setting penalties for the fist altercation in the middle of the field or on the sideline (where the coach supposedly put their hands on a York player). This flag on the sideline was uncalled for. The line judge where the tackle happened did not throw the flag it was the side judge that was 15 yards down the field who threw the flag. Legal hit in bounds and they got jumped on the sideline by ER. The fight where fists were thrown was players defending their fellow players (not saying that was legal or right so don't call me classless) but #0 for ER did the same thing and wasn't penalized or thrown out for it. End of the day, the penalty count was even. York had two PF and ejections in the fight and ER only had one but should have been two with the body slam by 0 of ER. So if we are going to call a spade a spade let's do it right. York plays hard nose D and flies to the football...the old saying is "Hit you in the mouth and take your lunch money," but I guess everybody eats free and reduced lunch nowadays.

Call it what you will, I saw the conduct of these kids several weeks back, I predicted this game would come to a brawl, how in the heck did I figure that one out. Just lucky it wasn't a lot worse. Late hit artists that taunt other players and teams. If this was a one time thing I could understand, Problem is it was week after week. Played 12 teams this year and this is the only bunch I've called out. Its a SPADE

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, pujo said:

Call it what you will, I saw the conduct of these kids several weeks back, I predicted this game would come to a brawl, how in the heck did I figure that one out. Just lucky it wasn't a lot worse. Late hit artists that taunt other players and teams. If this was a one time thing I could understand, Problem is it was week after week. Played 12 teams this year and this is the only bunch I've called out. Its a SPADE

Tell me, when was it that you first saw that conduct? I'd like to go back and watch it. Was I right? Was it when they ran that last touchdown in at Oneida? 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, MrYAIFAN said:

You left out the part where #5 gator rolled #1 trying to break his leg. #0 got him off by pushing him. I’ve never seen a town or football team in such Denial. I’m sure there is some fine people in Jamestown but a few is ruining that. The things I saw in FB over the weekend explains it all. Unbelievable. Go get your lay ups and free throws in. 

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

#0 unsportsmanlike. #48 and #70 ejected from York. #54 from ER ejected. #2 was trying to keep his teammates away from the fight in the brawl at the end but got pushed by #48. 

That's a nice job by the officials in the heat of the brawl. #54's ejection is questionable, he was all up in the middle of everything but didn't really throw hands or feet. 0 and 2 are fortunate to be playing this week. Overall, ER showed restraint in the brawl and knew they were playing in the championship if they didn't get tossed. York was out of control.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

You left out the part where #5 gator rolled #1 trying to break his leg. #0 got him off by pushing him. I’ve never seen a town or football team in such Denial. I’m sure there is some fine people in Jamestown but a few is ruining that. The things I saw in FB over the weekend explains it all. Unbelievable. Go get your lay ups and free throws in. 

No, I agree, the twisting should have been flagged as well. But just like the other poster above said, there were several things ER did like trying to stomp a kid's head, that should have been flagged as well. I am just sick of getting on here to read things about this week's state championship game and this thread keeps coming up.

15 minutes ago, MrYAIFAN said:

Tell me, when was it that you first saw that conduct? I'd like to go back and watch it. Was I right? Was it when they ran that last touchdown in at Oneida? 

Geez talk about not moving on! You are the only person that’s mentioned that in a month. No one in Oneida was surprised or really even cared that happened. Everyone knew if you could you would. It’s just like the late hits and the taunting, it’s just part of playing York. Been that way for years, long before they were competing for region championships or were even in this classification. Just the way it is. 

21 minutes ago, MrYAIFAN said:

No that was just classless, was the taunting and late hitting that brought me to my conclusion.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, MrYAIFAN said:

No, I agree, the twisting should have been flagged as well. But just like the other poster above said, there were several things ER did like trying to stomp a kid's head, that should have been flagged as well. I am just sick of getting on here to read things about this week's state championship game and this thread keeps coming up.

Incorrect. Ref threw the flag because groves was going out of bounds with 2 dragons on him then 48 came in and tried to clean it up after he went out of bounds. Groves was on the ground with and 48 got up and kicked groves in the head then pushed an assistant coach then hit another while the coaches were trying to get it situated. #48 and #70 are caught on film hitting ER coaches.

• Upvote 2