THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

Upperman travels to Greeneville for a semi final matchup. If this game is played in Baxter I give The U the edge but because it’s in Greeneville the home team has to be the favorite. Upperman is building something special, the sophomore quarterback is really good. Defense is nasty and hard to score on. The only thing I know about Greeneville is they are really good. 

I’ve seen a little bit of both teams. I believe Greeneville wins by double digits. Upper man will have trouble scoring on Greeneville’s Defense. Upperman’s physical Defense will slow the Greeneville Offense alittle but I think their RB Quillen will squeak through a couple times for a few Tds. This will be the first team that has matched Uppermans physically, but Greeneville will be more athletic. 

7 hours ago, BigMan101 said:

What does Greeneville look like? I don’t think upperman has ever played them

Here is the Link to the game against Anderson County so you can get a look at the Greene Devils

Greeneville Prides themself on D and being the most Physical team.  The team goes as Quillen (Upperman fans should know this name from the baseball state championship game last year) goes and very hard to stop.  We will try to run it down your throat and will throw some quick slants, bubble screens, and try to stretch it down field some to open up the run game if you stacked the box (Its what we in the 2nd half against AC).  Athletic Line on both O and D and have some guys that are great in pass coverage.  You better be able to throw the ball because lining it up and trying to run right at us won't work. (Held Mr. Football Semi-Finalist to 33 yards on 18 carries last night).  Should be a fun game but feel Greeneville is more battle tested and a couple of scores favorite from what film i've seen of Upperman

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Here is the Link to the game against Anderson County so you can get a look at the Greene Devils

Greeneville Prides themself on D and being the most Physical team.  The team goes as Quillen (Upperman fans should know this name from the baseball state championship game last year) goes and very hard to stop.  We will try to run it down your throat and will throw some quick slants, bubble screens, and try to stretch it down field some to open up the run game if you stacked the box (Its what we in the 2nd half against AC).  Athletic Line on both O and D and have some guys that are great in pass coverage.  You better be able to throw the ball because lining it up and trying to run right at us won't work. (Held Mr. Football Semi-Finalist to 33 yards on 18 carries last night).  Should be a fun game but feel Greeneville is more battle tested and a couple of scores favorite from what film i've seen of Upperman

Nice assessment Swipes. I can only add a good kicking game and a tough environment to play in.

Edited by noonesfool

26 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Nice assessment Swipes. I can only add a good kicking game and a tough environment to play in.

Yea not trying to leave out Brandon, especially knowing he can knock one through from over 50 yards in a pressure situation.  I’m sure Burley will be rocking next Friday Coach!

I think Greeneville is definitely the favorite. Upperman will need to play a perfect game to have a chance this year. I think we are one year away from the state championship.  I do not believe our sophomore quarterback has reached his potential yet he is a gunslinger make no mistake about it.  He can throw the rock if they allow him to. I think Upperman will have to throw a football to win this game.  They will need to score  25 to 30 points to win in Greeneville.  I do believe having to play Alcoa for the past several years has helped this program. That said the Green Devils are a 2 touchdown favorite this year.