Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

Bearden will not be as good next year as they were this year, which in the grand scheme of things was not a very good team.  They were better than average, but not considering the amount of recruits they brought in.  I have not heard one person say a good or even kind word about Jones ever.  The most popular word I hear when somone is talking about Jones is scum.  And the DC there could not win a little league game as a head coach, he make no adjustments.

Just now, RakingCoal said:

Bearden will not be as good next year as they were this year, which in the grand scheme of things was not a very good team.  They were better than average, but not considering the amount of recruits they brought in.  I have not heard one person say a good or even kind word about Jones ever.  The most popular word I hear when somone is talking about Jones is scum.  And the DC there could not win a little league game as a head coach, he make no adjustments.

Who is the coach that came from Catholic Irish? Bearden Bulldogs had a real good RB. Is that RB back next season? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

i only watched the TV games from Mark Parker. i thought the Defense was stout. and that was run by Lane right Id say the only thing that stood out to me was even though the DL was big, i thought they didn't play very hard and didn't paly with great toughness or technique. just seemed to underachieve with the talent they had. Im not sure why that was. secondary was tough! CKL is always a name i see brought up and by all accounts if hes hired as a head coach he will do a good job. 

From my perch at West High,

We like to pay ours the going rate on Sutherland but then again we like winning gold balls and also like winning the first game of the year. My question for my Bearden High folks is why pay Abernathy, a glorified Starbucks employee for Jeremy Pruitt and Kevin Lane who is a solid assistant, over ten thousand dollars each per KCS to run the defense?

I’m not sure if Abernathy is still a barista but last I heard Kevin installs light fixtures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, edwardblake said:

We like to pay ours the going rate on Sutherland but then again we like winning gold balls and also like winning the first game of the year. My question for my Bearden High folks is why pay Abernathy, a glorified Starbucks employee for Jeremy Pruitt and Kevin Lane who is a solid assistant, over ten thousand dollars each per KCS to run the defense?

I’m not sure if Abernathy is still a barista but last I heard Kevin installs light fixtures. 

l thought Abernathy was the real DC. 

21 hours ago, edwardblake said:

Is Kevin Lane the one who bounced from West to Catholic after being overlooked for the West job twice when Cummings and then Harig left, only to crawl back after Catholic got rid of him? He was also overlooked for the Catholic job, but that makes sense because they got rid of him. 

Someone said he installs light fixtures now, but I am guessing at one time he was a teacher? I did see somewhere that he was mentioned for the Central job, but I would think there are MANY that are applying that are more qualified than him.

As for Abernathy, just look at what on during his time in the UT recruiting office under Jeremy Pruitt, that should be all you need to know about him. Per his bio on the UT website he was a youth coach then high school coach in the Nashville area then he goes to UT. Sounds to me like the typical "handler" scenario. Then, when all was found out, he bolts for Beerden, but is up to is old "handler" role there. 

Anyways, it sounds like they don't have a lot of coaches in the building at Beerden, which could definitely attribute to the lack of discipline that program is showing. I wonder how the influx of athletes has impacted the halls of the school and whether those players are adapting to the people and academic standards of West Knoxville. God knows the parents in West Knoxville will not allow academic standards to sag at all.