Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

51 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Since it looks as if Tre Lamb is going to be hired from Gardner -Webb with a 20-20 record GQ should try and get the Gardner-Webb job. If I were firing coaches and paying buy outs I believe in trying hard not to meet this date again in 2 years.

Lamb may be leaving the only D1-AA program with a lower budget than ETSU has to take the Buc job.  

10 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I don't wish this new coach anything bad but for a school buying out a coach aren't they really risking jumping from the oven to the frying pan or maybe their choices aren't high as they thought.

Nor do I, but ETSU wants to have a successful athletics department without making the financial commitment to be able to do so. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

I love watching Maryville and Alcoa beef on this website :popcorneater:

The programs have helped each other. The season wouldnt be as good without that game. Go to a couple Alco-Murvil games at each place and it’s easy to see. It’s a semifinal atmosphere when they play. Bragging rights for the year. It’s usually a fairly even game. When it’s over, murvil tries to compete in 6A and alco whips everybody in 2A. Alco has closed the gap a little recently. Great rivalry that has some good old stories.

10 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Watch the replay. the Clock does not start for three plays that last drive. Cheaters! 

The officials were trying to make sure the lights stayed on after what happened during the Bearden game.

And there was plenty of time. Marevul stood there and let the time run down and called a timeout, before sticking the fork in tha Naders.

Tee Hee Hee

72425,xcitefun-height-10.jpg

Edited by MarevulBigGal

2 hours ago, MarevulBigGal said:

The officials were trying to make sure the lights stayed on after what happened during the Bearden game.

And there was plenty of time. Marevul stood there and let the time run down and called a timeout, before sticking the fork in tha Naders.

Tee Hee Hee

72425,xcitefun-height-10.jpg

A woman like that could produce more offensive linemen then David Ellis did.

On 11/19/2023 at 10:30 PM, JJrebel2010 said:

He’s not coming back to Maryville. Maryville has a great coach, and it’s his dream job. I’m sure tons of high schools will come calling for GQ. But I doubt he’d come back to the high school ranks, except maybe BA or another big time private school. If I was betting, he’ll get another chance as an offensive coordinator or assistant in the college ranks. He’s one of the best offensive minds in the country, and I’m not exaggerating. If you spend 5 minutes with him talking about offense, it’s obvious. 

I don't think George would take the MHS job if he wants back in HS coaching. He would not do that to Derek Hunt.