Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

37 minutes ago, lumberjackmak said:

Bottom line, he inherited a top 10 team and just had to keep the ship sailing.... 

You know what he didn't do? Keep the ship sailing, sinking into the pit of the Socon. 

He was a great high school coach, but you also have to be able to recruit and unify young men from many different backgrounds. 

He failed horribly at all those things, he also did not increase offensive output and lost many winnable games. 

What is the one thing you can change to fix all that? 

Fire the coach and get a new one. Which is what they are doing. 

Transfer portal and NIL is a new world and its not easy. 

They had one good season. 

They have as many SoCon championships as The Citadel since they brought back football. 

Get out of here with that nonsense. 

Both are, and will be awful. 

1 hour ago, lumberjackmak said:

Bottom line, he inherited a top 10 team and just had to keep the ship sailing.... 

You know what he didn't do? Keep the ship sailing, sinking into the pit of the Socon. 

He was a great high school coach, but you also have to be able to recruit and unify young men from many different backgrounds. 

He failed horribly at all those things, he also did not increase offensive output and lost many winnable games. 

What is the one thing you can change to fix all that? 

Fire the coach and get a new one. Which is what they are doing. 

Transfer portal and NIL is a new world and its not easy. 

NIL and the transfer portal will be the end of football for a lot of college football teams. The got to have it now generation have put demands on coaches that are to unrealistic. In my opinion ten years from now ETSU will have given up football again along with many other schools that can't keep pace with the highway robbery the NIL has created.

1 hour ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

They had one good season. 

They have as many SoCon championships as The Citadel since they brought back football. 

Get out of here with that nonsense. 

Both are, and will be awful. 

You get out with that nonsense of one good season. 

Randy first year 8-4 finished ranked

Covid year 4-2 with ranking in top 25 all year

His last year 11-2 and beat vandy. Finished Ranked. 

Under Quarles with a ton of returning players, started ranked 11th..... Finshed 3-8

Math is hard I know, but this is just the facts. 

One good season is a lie, multiple winning seasons to hit a brick wall and lose..  Winning games is hard, so don't discount winning seasons. A lesson that Quarles tenure should teach you. 

Quarles is a good guy, I have met him many times, played against him when he played for Furman many moons ago, but facts are facts. 

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

NIL and the transfer portal will be the end of football for a lot of college football teams. The got to have it now generation have put demands on coaches that are to unrealistic. In my opinion ten years from now ETSU will have given up football again along with many other schools that can't keep pace with the highway robbery the NIL has created.

Oh I agree, small schools get eaten alive by large schools with huge funds. FCS schools will have to learn how to recruit all over again. I think they need to cap the amount per school like a salary cap, or say the most a student can receive is X amount.