Oakland @ Bradley Central (take 2)

jhawk23

4 hours ago, strongx said:

I had some friends that used to set up at that church and make several hundred dollars a game. Drive around behind the school three or four minutes and park where others park. Don’t worry, you won’t get lost or shot. It’s easier to get to the visitor stands anyway if you park behind the school. Murvil should talk with that church. It’s ridiculous to take advantage of the out of towners IMO.

Parking at the church is a choice. I am sure the money is spent on good things. Heck, they even give you a cup of hot chocolate in cold weather. If $5.00 is going to break you, stay home or park farther away.....your choice !

12 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

You must park at the stone church. I’ve done PSA’s on Coach T for years telling people where to park for free at MHS. The only problem I have with Bradley is they wave you in this fenced in campus and at the very top of the lot is a pay gate. Never paid at Cleveland, WB, Heritage, West, Farragut, Bearden, LC, Alcoa, Halls, Jeff Co., D-B, Greeneville, Oakland, Hardin Valley, Fulton, Sevier Co. McMinn Co., Mo West @ Mo-East. Rhea Co…

At Cleveland you paid in the ticket price ($2.00 of the ticket cost on each ticket was for parking, so if you had more than 2 people you paid more than $4.00) this year. Previous years, you paid at the parking lot, unless you parked over at Cooke's Plaza and walked the Greenway to the school. I have paid at McMinn County, for years. As I said, the only school I didn't pay at was at Farragut. Everywhere else I paid a donation. Whatever everyone else does is what they do.

Last time I parked in a neighborhood I got a parking ticket as did everyone else, which cost far more than a "donation".

I just related MY experience of 50 years of following Bradley and Cleveland. Usually, I am surprised if there are no parking donations.

1 hour ago, watermaker said:

Parking at the church is a choice. I am sure the money is spent on good things. Heck, they even give you a cup of hot chocolate in cold weather. If $5.00 is going to break you, stay home or park farther away.....your choice !

In the day, my buddies spent it on beer money, which ain’t a bad choice. 

5 hours ago, alt1958b said:

One thing the Stats don't show is Boo's 46-yard KO return.

And after that Oakland kicked out of bounds or onsides every time.  

But next year all the Tennessee fans in Oakland will be cheering for him and bragging about how good he is, I bet. :D

Oakland only had 1 more KO after his one return.Prior to that, he cost them more yardage on KO's than helped. Whether it's 77 or 31, still way below his average. You can admire a player's skill and still brag :grin:

30 minutes ago, Bradleysports23 said:

I’m going to be excited next year when people realize Bradley wasn’t just a one year wonder 

I'm a believer now, from the beginning I didn't put any stock into Bc could win region 2, I was proved wrong along with several others, so whether they can be as good as this past team or not the problem is yall are going to keep running into this team 

38 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

I'm a believer now, from the beginning I didn't put any stock into Bc could win region 2, I was proved wrong along with several others, so whether they can be as good as this past team or not the problem is yall are going to keep running into this team 

Yes that’s the issue… Oakland is the issue.. they’re Goliath but there’s some major adjustments in the atheletic program here. Bradley’s JV is monsterous. They beat Baylor 41-0, beat Alcoa 6-0 in the 1 quater scrimmage, beat Cleveland 53-21 they went undefeated. Lake Forrest has some insanely talented kids feeding into Bradley …. Lake forest lost one game… so an entirety of 2 losses between the JV… the varsity and the middle school. That’s outstanding…and Bradley built a good starting year so we can pull Clevelands talent next year if they’ll transfer. A lot of them are already dual zoned which is a huge plus.. … I’ve heard Bradley’s next years team will be monsterous. I know for a fact we have j’Allen terry, suskawicz, Zayne machintosh, and several others. But I don’t think maryville is going to get the results they think they’re going to get lol they’re thinking this was a one year wonder… this was just the ramp up year of recruiting lol next year will be almost the same story, bearden will be tough too… Bradley’s coaching and plays improved dramatically this year. Last night in the 3rd creasy was simply getting out coached… and beat to snot by a team half their size….