Page and West

Whs1984

41 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Zoom in on the Map you just sent and you will see L&M Stem (Inside the AE Zone) and Career Magnet Academy (Inside the Carter Zone) which are also part of the Knox County Public School System 

That is true I stand corrected, but the original post said over 15, that makes 15 and they don't have football to my knowledge. We were talkin about schools recruiting for football. Can't recruit if you don't have a football program.

3 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Why do you think it doesn't?

wth kind of response it that?  

you repeat the same phrase with not even anecdotal proof.  Just because kids move to a school doesn't mean they were recruited. 

If I were a parent I'd want my good Baseball/Softball player to go Farragut or gibbs.  My good football player to Alcoa or west.

My good basketball player to Fulton or a private...

that doesn't mean they were recruited.  

Edited by ILB1999
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

you repeat the same phrase with not even anecdotal proof.  Just because kids move to a school doesn't mean they were recruited. 

If I were a parent I'd want my good Baseball/Softball player to go Farragut or gibbs.  My good football player to Alcoa or west.

What about the ones that don't move but change schools for athletics. I think it's more about those examples.

32 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

Thats fine if a family moves for a HS sport. It's fine, to me, if a coach recruits a kid to there school and the kid doesn't not move at all or legitimately move.

I don't care about recruiting I just think it's asinine to say it doesn't happen. You either support a school that has that stigma or you're completely ignorant. 

6 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Thats fine if a family moves for a HS sport. It's fine, to me, if a coach recruits a kid to there school and the kid doesn't not move at all or legitimately move.

I don't care about recruiting I just think it's asinine to say it doesn't happen. You either support a school that has that stigma or you're completely ignorant. 

Winning programs don’t have to recruit! Build it, & they will come!

10 minutes ago, Slingitdownfield said:

Winning programs don’t have to recruit! Build it, & they will come!

It’s more than just “they will come.” Yes, winning is great, and you can use that as a pivot to get even better and bigger players, which 2 teams in Blount County have used tremendously over the years.

When you get really good at it, you can start recruiting little league players so you can cover your tracks, and it doesn’t look like you just grabbed a bunch of people from other zones because you went after them in little league, which 2 schools in Blount County have mastered. I’m not saying it’s wrong if anything, I'm admiring it, but it’s more than “they will just come.”:lol:

3 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

It’s more than just “they will come.” Yes, winning is great, and you can use that as a pivot to get even better and bigger players, which 2 teams in Blount County have used tremendously over the years.

When you get really good at it, you can start recruiting little league players so you can cover your tracks, and it doesn’t look like you just grabbed a bunch of people from other zones because you went after them in little league, which 2 schools in Blount County have mastered. I’m not saying it’s wrong if anything, I'm admiring it, but it’s more than “they will just come.”:lol:

Well one school in Blount County ran into a roadblock