Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

10 minutes ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

In TN hes got the 2nd ranked player in the 24’ class 15th in 25’ and top 5 in 26’. All with SEC offers another that will get SEC offers and several more with FCS offers. Disregarding my argument of the validity of their actual talent its really almost unheard of in public school ball much less 2A.  You have to win it all or you failed as a coach imo. Talent isn't everything but its always the driving factor. Going to be a great game. Riverside is tough and experienced with good talent and ER is ultra athletic with good line play. Going to be a great 2A matchup 

I’d agree completely if they were a senior or even junior led team. You can see the youth when they play. I also don’t know if E Groves is #2 in the state. He may be ranked that but if you watch him play he isn’t even top 2 on his team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCLHL08 said:

I agree for the most part. Still trying fill out 8 or 9 more on my he field is tuff. ER is sophomore heavy with a freshman QB. You can see at times the youth. Now if this was a JR/SR class heavy absolutely 

Those are fair points they are definitely leaning young and it probably wont be their last rodeo in the Bluecross bowl if all goes as it should.

Just now, Biggameburt said:

I’d agree completely if they were a senior or even junior led team. You can see the youth when they play. I also don’t know if E Groves is #2 in the state. He may be ranked that but if you watch him play he isn’t even top 2 on his team.

I agree I dont think he is either thats why I said disregarding my argument of how talented some actually are because hes way more impressive in shorts and shirts than when the lights come on but 6’4’’ 210 and athletic as heck sells easily lol UK loses nothing if he doesnt develop the way they want he’ll get the boot and hit the transfer portal like alot of them do. 2 robco guys that went to SEC schools in last 2 years will never actually play at that level one is transferring and the other will be soon. Just the landscape of it right now and covid year didn’t help these young guys who got there.

3 minutes ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

I agree I dont think he is either thats why I said disregarding my argument of how talented some actually are because hes way more impressive in shorts and shirts than when the lights come on but 6’4’’ 210 and athletic as heck sells easily lol UK loses nothing if he doesnt develop the way they want he’ll get the boot and hit the transfer portal like alot of them do. 2 robco guys that went to SEC schools in last 2 years will never actually play at that level one is transferring and the other will be soon. Just the landscape of it right now and covid year didn’t help these young guys who got there.

I saw one game this year where I said he was legit and that was Smith County two weeks ago. Rest have been hit or miss 

• Upvote 1

Like I said earlier this my 2nd most anticipated match up of a good slate of title games I've seen many teams in the past that have a D1 player but they are not necessarily the best player or the most important player to the team. However, I don't think this is the case for Groves. ER goes as he goes. 

I think ER has been tested with this playoff run and have been able to overcome their own mistakes and some bad officiating along the way. Sometimes though, an experienced physical team can bully a younger talented team. But from what I've seen of ER this year, I would be surprised if they just roll over. 

Edited by oldfaithful

1 hour ago, oldfaithful said:

Like I said earlier this my 2nd most anticipated match up of a good slate of title games I've seen many teams in the past that have a D1 player but they are not necessarily the best player or the most important player to the team. However, I don't think this is the case for Groves. ER goes as he goes. 

I think ER has been tested with this playoff run and have been able to overcome their own mistakes and some bad officiating along the way. Sometimes though, an experienced physical team can bully a younger talented team. But from what I've seen of ER this year, I would be surprised if they just roll over. 

Can’t see any team that would just roll over in a state championship game. East won’t and they will shock everyone, just like they did with Smith. Not a team has stopped Groves and this team wont either. 

14 minutes ago, LilBooser said:

Can’t see any team that would just roll over in a state championship game. East won’t and they will shock everyone, just like they did with Smith. Not a team has stopped Groves and this team wont either. 

Don’t see the shock factor playing in. Riverside knows they are a very talented team. Obviously Groves is a very outstanding player just like his brothers and teammates. Hoping we can keep it competitive