Alcoa vs east Nashville, back to the ship!!!!

Slingitdownfield

7 hours ago, Booger said:

another outstandin showin at the the Gold Ball Contest....the Booger Life is better every year because of the Goon visitation

.....the west part of the state has got to find another victim to send to that show....that book has been read to many times....congrats to all the tinheads and goons on another complete dominent Ball collection

...and now shall all the haters, whiners and thumbsuckers continue to have Aluminum City livin rent free in their brain housin groups

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

0-A53-A1-F7-988-B-4-F2-C-A12-A-CCA875-A6

• Like 1

The TSSAA is now looking at the strength vs success system that’s used in Indiana.  

What I like about it is that it creates new rivalries and doesn’t base everything off of geography or school enrollment.

What I dislike about it is that it seems like the plan punishes programs for working harder to be successful.  

If you put a school that’s Alcoa’s size in a 6A world full of schools with double and triple their population that’s not a level playing field.  

Everyone complains about Alcoa not being in a higher classification despite the fact that they beat Knoxville West when they played and they killed both Pearl-Cohn and Upperman when they played them.  There’s 5A and 4A right there.  

The only thing left is 6A and if you’re going to force Alcoa to play 6A football then you should at least come up with a means to where they can add a pool like a 1,500-2,000-2,500 population sized school.  

9 hours ago, Booger said:

another outstandin showin at the the Gold Ball Contest....the Booger Life is better every year because of the Goon visitation

.....the west part of the state has got to find another victim to send to that show....that book has been read to many times....congrats to all the tinheads and goons on another complete dominent Ball collection

...and now shall all the haters, whiners and thumbsuckers continue to have Aluminum City livin rent free in their brain housin groups

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

90% of the States thumb suckers live HERE on coacht! :roflolk: 

Makes me happy bait'n & hook'n that big fat lip! :thumb:

Fishing-for-complements GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

26 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

The TSSAA is now looking at the strength vs success system that’s used in Indiana.  

What I like about it is that it creates new rivalries and doesn’t base everything off of geography or school enrollment.

What I dislike about it is that it seems like the plan punishes programs for working harder to be successful.  

If you put a school that’s Alcoa’s size in a 6A world full of schools with double and triple their population that’s not a level playing field.  

Everyone complains about Alcoa not being in a higher classification despite the fact that they beat Knoxville West when they played and they killed both Pearl-Cohn and Upperman when they played them.  There’s 5A and 4A right there.  

The only thing left is 6A and if you’re going to force Alcoa to play 6A football then you should at least come up with a means to where they can add a pool like a 1,500-2,000-2,500 population sized school.  

The last game I watched between Upperman and Alcoa was a 4 quarter war won by Alcoa. Not sure what pipe you’re smoking there Ace. I do admit Alcoa would be the best in 4A and would probably have won 5A. So now what?  What’s the point of these senseless posts?  Alcoa has a top tier program they are actually already playing up one Classification based on their enrollment. Hypothetical discussions are not reality. On a different note, do you have your VCR set to record the game??

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

The last game I watched between Upperman and Alcoa was a 4 quarter war won by Alcoa. Not sure what pipe you’re smoking there Ace. I do admit Alcoa would be the best in 4A and would probably have won 5A. So now what?  What’s the point of these senseless posts?  Alcoa has a top tier program they are actually already playing up one Classification based on their enrollment. Hypothetical discussions are not reality. On a different note, do you have your VCR set to record the game??

Nope, but ready ta watch a good game! :popcorneater:

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I hope Alcoa's DONE with QB transfers.........sigh.

Maryville and Alcoa have done well with the QB's that came up through their system. Last year our coaches fell in love with an athlete as they say that came form a 1-9 program and treated the kid that should have been the man like a red headed stepchild and made him sleep out on the back porch then he finally quit. Well they got a good taste of why the other school went 1-9 and I never want to live that situation again. I totally agree BC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I've been sitting on a question for the forum for a bit and figure this is as good of a time as any to ask. 

I see a lot of concern about Alcoa but East is a magnet school. This means that East has an application process, can manipulate their enrollment, and can provide free transportation for kids not zoned for the school. East even has an application posted on their website. I see lots of outrage about Alcoa on various forums but I am yet to see any concerns over these magnet schools. To me, there's no difference between a magnet school and a private school unless I am totally misunderstanding the rules and regulations. And if my interpretations are true, magnet schools should be D2 in my opinion.