Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

Volsfan52

7 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Just think what PC would be if the private schools around Nashville didn't poach some of thier top players yearly. They would be another Alcoa. Alot of folks don't realize how many great metro athletes get grabbed by the various private schools in the area. 

This is true. 

This game is the most intriguing to me of all the gold ball contests. I don't think Upperman has received the credit they deserve either. How many people here expected them to represent the east? I certainly didn't. Having said that,it's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that they've taken another leap forward since the Conner York 3a days. Which in itself was pretty impressive. They have risen to the big leagues consistently and that deserves to be respected IMO. 

I still favor Pearl Cohn in the game and am actually rooting for them. 

Good luck @FBfan26 and @FIREBIRD80 on getting ahold of the Gold again! :thumb:

2 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

Don’t care who they are line them up. It doesn’t matter who they faced in the past Greenville was saying that same crap about Upperman not being battle tested. Upperman went there and punched them in the mouth. Just like you’re right here thinking Upperman hasn’t seen someone like PC well PC hasn’t seen a team like Upperman. Tomorrow morning them Upperman boys will line up and bring that fight like they have all season. Let PC see what Upperman is all about and think these boys gonna lay down and take it. They’ will get punched in the mouth too. Tomorrow it’s gonna be a fight 

No need to be over sensitive…thanks to UCR anyone can watch Upperman film and know they’ve been challenged this season. White county has phenomenal QB but not much else. Macon county has nice speed at RB and decent defense but really no threat in passing game. Greeneville was supposed to be dual threat and great D but I didn’t see that. Obviously most of credit goes to Upperman for executing game plan very well although Greeneville failed to make any adjustments from theirs. I don’t believe you can shut down one player and beat Pearl. Can Upperman win? Of course they can I just find it unlikely. We find out tomorrow and best of luck to both teams

• Like 1