Now that MTSU is looking for a new Head Coach could Creasy be their man.

BarneySox2007

10 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Just saw where they are hiring DM. I thought they wanted personality. Someone to get the fans excited. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as an exciting hire. 

Nothing against Mason, other than he is not a good head coach.  Another safe pick for a University that is mired in mediocrity in more areas than athletics.

26 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

They cry to alumni "we need your support", but then give them this to be excited about.

Here's your sign.

Who did you expect them to get? MTSU is either a job that a young guy tries to parlay into a bigger job, or a guy like Mason who just wants another check and knows he doesn't have to be great.

13 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Who did you expect them to get? MTSU is either a job that a young guy tries to parlay into a bigger job, or a guy like Mason who just wants another check and knows he doesn't have to be great.

I think most ppl that support MTSU were not being unrealistic in wanting a young coach that can energize the fanbase and community.  Derek Mason isn't that. I suspect MTSU isn't going to give him the lkind of loyalty that they gave Stockstill

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think most ppl that support MTSU were not being unrealistic in wanting a young coach that can energize the fanbase and community.  Derek Mason isn't that. I suspect MTSU isn't going to give him the lkind of loyalty that they gave Stockstill

I agree that a young up and coming coach would be more exciting, but I think both would last about same time there. Mason isn't going to be great. Maybe 3-5 years. If a younger guy was hired and had quick success then he would get plucked by a bigger school for HC or coordinator. So I think that MTSU would be in the same boat either way in about 5 years.

28 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

If I young guy parlays MTSU into a bigger job it will be because he was successful. 

Taking a retread failure as a head coach means you got someone that was NOT successful.

Try to understand the difference.

5 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I agree that a young up and coming coach would be more exciting, but I think both would last about same time there. Mason isn't going to be great. Maybe 3-5 years. If a younger guy was hired and had quick success then he would get plucked by a bigger school for HC or coordinator. So I think that MTSU would be in the same boat either way in about 5 years.

If he gets hired away, then that means his tenure was a success, I think most mtsu fans would be OK with that

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

If he gets hired away, then that means his tenure was a success, I think most mtsu fans would be OK with that

Yea I hear you. To me I think that Mason and (insert whatever coach) could have similar records 8-4, 7-5, maybe a 9 win season and the young guy get plucked and Mason not because they have seen him before. They think that the young guy can do more and its a fun hire. I don't think Mason can do that but who knows maybe he does have success but no bigger programs want him and he does well there.

6 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

If I young guy parlays MTSU into a bigger job it will be because he was successful. 

Taking a retread failure as a head coach means you got someone that was NOT successful.

Try to understand the difference.

Find me a coach who had success at Vandy. I understand the difference between him and a young guy. Clearly there was not a young college guy that they thought could do better.

4 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Find me a coach who had success at Vandy. I understand the difference between him and a young guy. Clearly there was not a young college guy that they thought could do better.

I know you'll say Franklin but 4th in a divison is not success. Were they better than before sure but that is not saying much