South Pittsburg 2024 Edition 101

Southtowner

20 minutes ago, LethalAttack said:

IMO schedule next year is a lot harder just based on how this year went. Our region will be better than it has been in a very very long time. Plus 5a Franklin, OS (returns everyone), MTCS (loses some),  Sequatchie( played some young cats, I think there QB is back), Whitwell ( loses a lot up front I think*, but have QB and RB returning), Chatt prep( will have athletes galore and they weren’t small last year), SC (has a very good coach and you could tell they played a little different than years past). 

I left Sequatchie off my list but yes I think they will be much improved and would add them to the top with MTCS,and Franklin. Pirates will have a very tough regular season next year. 

That Hargis man hit a good point in his paper. 

"Every coach in every sport across the state better be working to make their program attractive enough that kids will want to be a part of it," said one area football coach. "If you're not, you're going to lose a lot of kids to the teams who are doing that.

"The transfer portal is coming to prep sports. The TSSAA might delay it a bit, but they can't stop what's coming."

Buckle up.

Edited by powerp
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 8:58 AM, LethalAttack said:

IMO schedule next year is a lot harder just based on how this year went. Our region will be better than it has been in a very very long time. Plus 5a Franklin, OS (returns everyone), MTCS (loses some),  Sequatchie( played some young cats, I think there QB is back), Whitwell ( loses a lot up front I think*, but have QB and RB returning), Chatt prep( will have athletes galore and they weren’t small last year), SC (has a very good coach and you could tell they played a little different than years past). 

I heard Franklin co will be week

Old Pirate bought a new black hoodie that was spiced up with state championship graphics. OP accompanying the Skillet Slinger doing Christmas shopping got stopped multiple times due to the hoodie graphics. One particular encounter was by 2 youngons inquiring about the 24 Pirates expectations. OP’s response was quick & short, The Pirates are expected to be serious contenders fer the next several years. Both youngons relayed their desire to play fer the Pirates. Ain’t No Surprise to the Old Pirate!