How long has it been since Bradley missed state duals?

fooseball95

1 hour ago, GruncleD said:

I don't know about all that, but I do know that after 12 matches Cleveland forfeited out to beat Summit in last year's state duals. Cleveland's closest matches were to the team 5 miles down the road, Bradley Central. However after last night it appears that rivalry may not be as intense as in the past.

What part do you not know abt? Is it the part that in the semis against Summit, Cleveland was only able to forfeit the last match of the dual (against Desselle mind you) because they held on for a very close decision in the next to last match. If they lose that close decision, they're faced with needing a victory against Desselle to advance to the finals. Or was it the part that Cleveland was able to forfeit 2 of the last 3 matches against BC in the finals and still secure the championship by 6? 

Edited by FargoStrut
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheTreyB said:

Pride? I agree 100%

So what do you suggest? Obviously you know more than everybody else on here. But it seems that every year we go through the same garbage. And it’s always the Cleveland fans that do it. Look I’m a Cleveland alum. Tbh my class is still the most dominant class in the history of that school. 1995. We won titles in three different sports. Our football teams would have crushed anything remotely good that Cleveland has had in the last century. I’ve also have several titles as a coach for Bradley. But it always always seems to be that HCWC and Middle/High parents don’t show any respect. Show some class. I’m not doing anything different than what you are doing by beating your chest. And by taking shots at Bradley? C’mon man. And to be respectful it’s Blackmon not Bryant. I don’t think you know him personally like I do. I can call him Bryant (here’s a tidbit he’s my cousin). 
But I’m willing to bet that you won’t have a conversation with him or Logsdon? Just sayin I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers. He knew what he was inheriting. And if truth be known that class that graduated last year were my kids club kids. And it didn’t take long to build as long as you are willing to put in the work. Like my mantra has always been “Homegrown not transplanted”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Humorist said:

So what do you suggest? Obviously you know more than everybody else on here. But it seems that every year we go through the same garbage. And it’s always the Cleveland fans that do it. Look I’m a Cleveland alum. Tbh my class is still the most dominant class in the history of that school. 1995. We won titles in three different sports. Our football teams would have crushed anything remotely good that Cleveland has had in the last century. I’ve also have several titles as a coach for Bradley. But it always always seems to be that HCWC and Middle/High parents don’t show any respect. Show some class. I’m not doing anything different than what you are doing by beating your chest. And by taking shots at Bradley? C’mon man. And to be respectful it’s Blackmon not Bryant. I don’t think you know him personally like I do. I can call him Bryant (here’s a tidbit he’s my cousin). 
But I’m willing to bet that you won’t have a conversation with him or Logsdon? Just sayin I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers. He knew what he was inheriting. And if truth be known that class that graduated last year were my kids club kids. And it didn’t take long to build as long as you are willing to put in the work. Like my mantra has always been “Homegrown not transplanted”

Hahahahaha nobody is beating their chest. Just stating facts. Maybe you can explain… doesn’t take a smart individual to see years ago that these days were coming. Right? Sooo why not build up from the youth program? Did they not care or did they think they could just get whoever and spit out studs? 

9 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Hahahahaha nobody is beating their chest. Just stating facts. Maybe you can explain… doesn’t take a smart individual to see years ago that these days were coming. Right? Sooo why not build up from the youth program? Did they not care or did they think they could just get whoever and spit out studs? 

1 hour ago, Humorist said:

Give up, that dude is trolling the boards.  just read the screen name, so clever.

26 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Not trolling. Just stating facts. It is what it is. 

I will be coaching two different tournaments with two separate groups of Pride kids this weekend. I would love to go over these “facts” you keep referencing at either of these tournaments. One will be at Cleveland on Sunday.  Thank you.

Cole Flowers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ColeF said:

I will be coaching two different tournaments with two separate groups of Pride kids this weekend. I would love to go over these “facts” you keep referencing at either of these tournaments. One will be at Cleveland on Sunday.  Thank you.

Cole Flowers

I dont think this is helping their case.

With Bradleys rich tradition in the sport, you would think they would have someone who the community knew traveling with yhe kids club.

Shawn Cordell, Rusty Blackman, Ben Smith, Steve Logdson.....etc

Lets be real.....they don't take it that serious.

Thats why SD did what they did to them. An obvious value in the youth program.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ColeF said:

Cole Flowers

the same thing would be said. 

12 hours ago, texas23 said:

Give up, that dude is trolling the boards.  just read the screen name, so clever.

Not trolling. Just stating facts. It is what it is. 

On 1/12/2024 at 11:18 PM, Rasslinking said:

I dont think this is helping their case.

With Bradleys rich tradition in the sport, you would think they would have someone who the community knew traveling with yhe kids club.

Shawn Cordell, Rusty Blackman, Ben Smith, Steve Logdson.....etc

Lets be real.....they don't take it that serious.

Thats why SD did what they did to them. An obvious value in the youth program.

Ben Smith killed that program. His lack of commitment to the program was amazing what we were told. Too busy trying to have a family for years. A lot of trips. Abandoned the team on out of season tournaments. Goes on and on. Of course that is what we heard, but we are also 2 hours away. May all be false.