AE job open

OrangePylon

Just now, pdover1776 said:
46 minutes ago, Turtle said:

First of all let me let this be known.  I'm not a Manning Fan!  I think Tee Martin did more in one year for UT than Peyton did in 4 and Martin doesn't get the props he deserves.  Now when I'm saying Culture I'm saying Peyton is a good guy and know his x's and o's but I don't think he could relate to the players at AE that's what i'm meaning.  It has nothing to do with Peyton being white nor the type of music he listens too. I just don't think he'll relate to the players.  Before you say, "Its because he's white!"  No sir, AE has white coaches on all of its sports teams and the kids love all of them. Most of the coaches that are white have been at AE for awhile and they relate to the kids well.  The AD is white he's basically been in the community for years as well so color has nothing to do with it before you all go there.  And another thing AE hasn't been down as long as you all are thinking.  I can't wait til we get back to winning 8-9 games a year so you all can quit thinking AE is just a laughable job. and once again the AD is a football guy he will make the right hire no matter the color of their skin nor whatever I'm saying.  I'm just a long time fan and whatever I say on this board means nothing when it comes to coaching searches.  

I don’t think it’s a laughable job at all!  I think it’s a potential state champion in waiting actually!  Maybe I worded that the wrong way that’s on me.  

I don’t think it’s a laughable job at all!  I think it’s a potential state champion in waiting actually!  Maybe I worded that the wrong way that’s on me.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Turtle said:

This is true, the little program was in all but 1 championship game (they didn't fill a team in that age group).  They won every age group but 2.  Like you said the talent has been there but SOME of the players leave to go ride the bench elsewhere.  AE will be ok, ITS HARD TO BE A ROADRUNNER!!  Like Phillips used to say, "I'll coach the ones that wants to be Roadrunners!"  Some will stay and some will go but I think the younger generation now (Current Baby Roadrunners) all want to go to AE to bring that winning history back to the school. This same little league program I'm talking about blew Alcoa teams out so like you said once ALcoa start recruiting then maybe they will continue wining 3a football but with the players in their little league program that 21 or 22 streak will be ending real soon.  

I think they need them all plus maybe some falcons to be able to have a chance with the tornados. I don't know if it is possible. But 1 in a million is a chance, just ask Lloyd Christmas

3 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I think they need them all plus maybe some falcons to be able to have a chance with the tornados. I don't know if it is possible. But 1 in a million is a chance, just ask Lloyd Christmas

Half the varsity kids on Alcoas roster were transplants. Take them out of the equation and AE could and honestly should… win most of their games. 

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Well you can't do that, schools recruit. The day of playing where you live/grew up is done. Bad take here

Then stop playing 3A lol. At least join the other schools that recruit too. 4A would be a good division with Greeneville, Betsy, Alcoa, & AC. 

Alcoa likes to collect the bubble gum trophies though. 

Just now, HawkDad33 said:

Then stop playing 3A lol. At least join the other schools that recruit too. 4A would be a good division with Greeneville, Betsy, Alcoa, & AC. 

Alcoa likes to collect the bubble gum trophies though. 

I agree that they should move up. Nix was asked about moving up and his response was " why would we do that?"

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

I agree that they should move up. Nix was asked about moving up and his response was " why would we do that?"

I don’t blame him. They don’t play a meaningful conference game ever and then they get into the playoffs and it’s the same. Schools that small that don’t recruit at the level of Alcoa have no shot.