AAA Basketball

Tigers615

8 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I agree that 13AAA gets two teams to state but just not sure if it will be Crockett or South Gibson. Both schools are on the bottom half of the 7AAA bracket.

IMO, it's not a forgone conclusion that Dburg will make it without Crawford. I'm not sure what her availability will be but playing one of the 13AAA teams again in a Region semifinal scare me to death. 

9 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I don't have a dog in this race but is it fair to say Upperman tanked? They swept Stone in the regular season but won those games 45-42 and 41-35. Losing 47-39 after those scores doesn't sound unbelievable. The unfortunate part of consolation night is that if you lose folks just assume you were tanking. 

I despise Upperman but the truth is now they have to play another team they had trouble with in LA. That is if they don’t have a bunch of intentional fouls called on them in Tullahoma. 

2 hours ago, Dash said:

IMO, it's not a forgone conclusion that Dburg will make it without Crawford. I'm not sure what her availability will be but playing one of the 13AAA teams again in a Region semifinal scare me to death. 

Personally I like our chances with OC more than SGC. Joya was in uniform and back in the scorebooks last night even though she didn't take the floor. 

11 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I don't have a dog in this race but is it fair to say Upperman tanked? They swept Stone in the regular season but won those games 45-42 and 41-35. Losing 47-39 after those scores doesn't sound unbelievable. The unfortunate part of consolation night is that if you lose folks just assume you were tanking. 

Exactly. And give credit to Coach Buck and this team for continuing to believe. CCHS also swept Stone during the regular season, yet Stone beat them in the first round of the tournament to put them out. Stone is also one of very few teams to beat White County  ( AT Sparta)during the regular season. Distric 7AAA has been fairly even across the board, and any of those teams could be others on any given night.

Dyersburg Female Trojans will have a harder time without the Crawford girl in the other rounds. It will be harder. I guarantee it. Dyersburg Female Trojans will still mercy rule Bolton Female Wildcats on Friday. It will happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? This game will not be close between Dyersburg Female Trojans and Bolton Female Wildcats. Dyersburg Female Trojans are too big and physical for Bolton Female Wildcats to deal with in this game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

4 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

Dyersburg Female Trojans will have a harder time without the Crawford girl in the other rounds. It will be harder. I guarantee it. Dyersburg Female Trojans will still mercy rule Bolton Female Wildcats on Friday. It will happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? This game will not be close between Dyersburg Female Trojans and Bolton Female Wildcats. Dyersburg Female Trojans are too big and physical for Bolton Female Wildcats to deal with in this game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

This may be the first message you sent that I approve: :)

4 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Personally I like our chances with OC more than SGC. Joya was in uniform and back in the scorebooks last night even though she didn't take the floor. 

Hope she isn't rushing the process, but it would be great to have her back. To say the offense flows better with her is an understatement, but it should because she's one of the best players in the state. I agree with you on SGC because they beat us the last regular season game, but even though we have defeated OC 3 times this year it hasn't been easy.

8 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I despise Upperman but the truth is now they have to play another team they had trouble with in LA. That is if they don’t have a bunch of intentional fouls called on them in Tullahoma. 

I believe they will be fine versus Tullahoma they really struggle a lot of times and Upperman can guard and fill it up when they are on.

2 hours ago, Basketball44Guru said:

I believe they will be fine versus Tullahoma they really struggle a lot of times and Upperman can guard and fill it up when they are on.

If it’s the same Refs as last year it won’t matter much. Cumberland got hosed last year with intentional foul calls late. 

22 hours ago, Khall555 said:

If it’s the same Refs as last year it won’t matter much. Cumberland got hosed last year with intentional foul calls late. 

Tullahoma has the size advantage and that is about it.  All other advantages belong to the Bees.  They have superior coaching, shooting, defense, and ball handling.  Upperman by ten points or more 

On 2/21/2024 at 5:10 PM, Basketball44Guru said:

Tullahoma has the size advantage and that is about it.  All other advantages belong to the Bees.  They have superior coaching, shooting, defense, and ball handling.  Upperman by ten points or more 

Upperman Tanked their 3rd place game