Class 1A Report Card

16 hours ago, 1983 said:

1A is as weak as I have seen it in a long time.  I have seen Wayne Co, McKenzie, Greenfield, South Fulton and Moore County play.  Wayne Co would be the favorite with McKenzie and Moore Co a toss up game.  South Fulton just below those two.  Greenfield is not very good even when healthy.  Normally I wouldnt think two players could win the state but since 1A is weak I would say Mckenzie has a good shot.  Davis is as good as I have seen come through West TN.   I believe only two of Wayne Co, Mck and Moore County can get to the state since they go through each other.

I forgot about Wayne Co moving into the same region with McKenzie this year. Have not seen Moore Co. play, but their record looks pretty good their only losses to very good teams. Anybody know if there is any quality teams coming out of the Memphis region?  If not I could see district 14 sending 2 teams to the boro S. Fulton and then maybe Greenfield, Union City or Dresden. I'm curious about that Memphis region though anybody got any info?

I agree with 1A being wide open. I think it’s going to come down to who hot at the end of the season. 
I also agree that 2 Disrtict 14 teams will make it to the Boro. I believe it’ll be Union City, South Fulton, or Greenfield. UC and Greenfield have scrappy teams and a couple girls that can go. SF should have an edge with a ton of experience on the floor but they haven’t put it all together yet and have struggled early this season. They took a step in the right direction tonight with a district win over Union City.
To me Wayne Co is the team to beat. Can’t count out McKenzie with their dynamic duo either. 

McKenzie was “upset” last night at McEwen.  Outside of Davis, Reynolds, and Pate, we are hurting.  Just too young and inexperienced. I will say fouls and free throws played into it.  McEwen was 24 of 28 at free throw line.  McKenzie 4-8….for the game.  
Our post play is non existent which we really haven’t had a dominant post player in a few years but we had the shooters to offset it.  Not the case this year.  Those young players have to grow a lot before post season. 

That seems like a really big win for Wayne Co. Over Summertown tonight.  I have to think Wayne Co is the favorite in 1A.  Sounds like Summertown is tough this year also.

Moore County played a really good Loretto team tough tonight also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

That seems like a really big win for Wayne Co. Over Summertown tonight.  I have to think Wayne Co is the favorite in 1A.  Sounds like Summertown is tough this year also.

Summertown had 11 pt lead in second half but went stone cold 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Wayne had a 7 point win over northview academy over Christmas.  Northview is similar to Cloudland.  But I agree Wayne is probably the favorite