Cookeville Cavs

LadyCavsFan

4 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

What hurt bradley was having to travel because they lost to WV by missing g 15 free throws

I agree completely.  Yall had a good team.  Classy program, kids, and coach from what I could see.   You would have had a much better shot at home vs LaVergne.    Our crowd last night was unbelievable.  

How about LaVergne?  Pretty cool we have 2 teams going from District 7 after having to go through the boro district and the chattanooga region!

20 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

I agree completely.  Yall had a good team.  Classy program, kids, and coach from what I could see.   You would have had a much better shot at home vs LaVergne.    Our crowd last night was unbelievable.  

How about LaVergne?  Pretty cool we have 2 teams going from District 7 after having to go through the boro district and the chattanooga region!

This Program has came along way.  Coaches deserve some much earned credit as do the players. 

• Like 1

I'm so proud of our team, school, and community.   They showed up and showed off Monday night.  That is the most Cookeville fans that have ever been in that gym and surely rivals the biggest crowd in general to ever attend a game there.     Literally the only seats available were the first two rows in the top bleachers.  I assume because you can't see over the rail. 

Cavs have 7 kids that can play.  7 that could start and be productive on 98% of teams in the state. Obviously we have some good young talent behind them on the bench, but that 7 man rotation has been special.   2 of the 4 seniors have already signed/committed D2 and someone is going to get a steal with Colin Ayers.   

Go Cavs, Beat Maryville!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 10:37 AM, Alumn89 said:

I'm so proud of our team, school, and community.   They showed up and showed off Monday night.  That is the most Cookeville fans that have ever been in that gym and surely rivals the biggest crowd in general to ever attend a game there.     Literally the only seats available were the first two rows in the top bleachers.  I assume because you can't see over the rail. 

Cavs have 7 kids that can play.  7 that could start and be productive on 98% of teams in the state. Obviously we have some good young talent behind them on the bench, but that 7 man rotation has been special.   2 of the 4 seniors have already signed/committed D2 and someone is going to get a steal with Colin Ayers.   

Go Cavs, Beat Maryville!

It will be safe to say you will pretty much fill up the Glass House. Since Maryville is on spring break I’m not sure what kinda crowd we will bring. I’m looking forward to it though 

Go Red Rebels 

12 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

It will be safe to say you will pretty much fill up the Glass House. Since Maryville is on spring break I’m not sure what kinda crowd we will bring. I’m looking forward to it though 

Go Red Rebels 

Cookeville on spring break also. It would be great to see a large Cookeville contingent but hard to tell.

7 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

terrible that both schools are on spring brink and its 9:30 on a Wednesday.   Hopefully fans will show up .  Boys deserve it.  

9:30 on Wednesday and again on Friday if they win.  That’s scary in itself.  How many teenage boys are game ready at 9:30 AM on spring break??  

22 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

9:30 on Wednesday and again on Friday if they win.  That’s scary in itself.  How many teenage boys are game ready at 9:30 AM on spring break??  

The Rebels are leaving Tuesday at noon for Murfreesboro. So I’m sure they will have a curfew Tuesday night at the hotel. 

I have enjoyed sitting back and watching Herd coach this year. It’s been a fun group to track. I only made it out to a game or two but he’s been able to coach and not been to caught up in rift raft of bad officiating or anything else.

• Like 1

Cookeville looked good yesterday.  Everyone keeps saying they have no big but they keep beating really good teams with multiple 6’7 and 6’8 players.  Defense travels and shooters will keep you in many games you aren’t supposed to be in.   You are already there boys so why not just win this whole thing!  

Bartlett looked good yesterday but definitely beatable.  If we shoot well we have a shot at beating anyone.  

Indy did look really good on the other side.  

• Like 1