Pemberton Leaves Rhea for Campbell County

Just now, FootballJunkie077 said:

Why would either one leave their current situation? Both seem to be at good spots?

Maybe Akins has hit his ceiling at WV and thinks Rhea could get over the hump? Not sure if he'd get a pay raise.

Manes it would be his first HC job so it would be a big step up for him. Only other names I can think of in bradley county would be Brad Benefield. 

12 hours ago, RCfan said:

Interesting…. You say that as if you have heard a name… I myself heard some very interesting rumors today that were attached to specific name but I don’t think that’s likely.
I would have to see it to believe it. 

That being said….

Jason Fitzgerald would be the best/most realistic candidate - if he is still interested and if a certain higher up in the school system can be persuaded to give him another shot.

Then again this could get really interesting …

I didn’t ‘hear a name.’ The candidate in question, which I obviously can’t name, told me personally ‘I have applied.’ As for Fitzgearld my biggest concern, were I a Rhea booster, would be that he can retire soon if he so chooses.

• Like 1

Guys, I know it’s fun to speculate on sights like this. But this job literally has just opened up. They are early in the accepting applications phase. Then they will move on to the first round of interviews and proceed from there. In other words, it’s going to be a while. The only exception to the above is if you have an obvious successor on staff already. And even then it doesn’t hurt to advertise the job as you might get an application or two that you wasn’t expecting.

21 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Guys, I know it’s fun to speculate on sights like this. But this job literally has just opened up. They are early in the accepting applications phase. Then they will move on to the first round of interviews and proceed from there. In other words, it’s going to be a while. The only exception to the above is if you have an obvious successor on staff already. And even then it doesn’t hurt to advertise the job as you might get an application or two that you wasn’t expecting.

In conclusion everyone "knows a guy" or has "a source" but yet no name can be given. Great discussion board

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, LarrySmellsTidwellsTrap said:

LOL...It's literally a place for people who can't figure out how to create an X/Twitter account and argue and break news like their Adam Schefter...I LOVE THE SHEFTIES!  I LOVE COACHT!  I LOVE LAMP!  I HATE THE IRS!  #Merica...Where's my High Life at!

I didn’t mean to imply that there was anything wrong with posting on here or thinking out loud about specific potential candidates. Also nothing wrong with respectful debate. And for the record I have an X account, as well as a Facebook account with over 2000 followers. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I didn’t mean to imply that there was anything wrong with posting on here or thinking out loud about specific potential candidates. Also nothing wrong with respectful debate. And for the record I have an X account, as well as a Facebook account with over 2000 followers. 

sounds like you won't your guy to get this job lol JK.