Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

45 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

That's absolutely, 100%, unequivocally wrong, It will take everyone. One person cannot get the tssaa to change the way they look at our sport. 

Not everything in life is fair, i get it. But until we ALL come together and decide we ALL want things like this to stop happening it'll just continue to happen. I've been pushing for years to get the seeding criteria changed. But I'm a nobody. There's power with the PEOPLE, not in the person. 

one person got the tournament into the Cow Palace.  So there is that example.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, texas23 said:

one person got the tournament into the Cow Palace.  So there is that example.

i see what you’re trying to do here lol and while you’re not wrong, you and i both know the situations are nothing alike. 

• Upvote 1

You see WG I am a full grown adult…I offered my opinion and like always on here if someone doesn’t agree with you they have to be a troll. Good come back!!  
Go spread the gospel of WG because we all know how only what you think is correct!!  
And Bump11 I am completely calm

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

i see what you’re trying to do here lol and while you’re not wrong, you and i both know the situations are nothing alike. 

He said one person could not get something done.  This was a pretty big deal when they changed from the Roundhouse to the cow patty palace, all because the UTC Mocs had an ESPN game and rolled the wrestlers right out of their tournament.

Same tournament we are talking about!  okay, it is a reach, and great job calling me on it!  :mrgreen:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

You see WG I am a full grown adult…I offered my opinion and like always on here if someone doesn’t agree with you they have to be a troll. Good come back!!  
Go spread the gospel of WG because we all know how only what you think is correct!!  
And Bump11 I am completely calm

All I’ve said is this process, the criteria for how we seed future tournaments, needs to be changed. 

somehow you took this as a personal slight to you. Idk how you got there but whatever man. Have the day you deserve. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, texas23 said:

He said one person could not get something done.  This was a pretty big deal when they changed from the Roundhouse to the cow patty palace, all because the UTC Mocs had an ESPN game and rolled the wrestlers right out of their tournament.

Same tournament we are talking about!  okay, it is a reach, and great job calling me on it!  :mrgreen:

the sad part is, they fork out the big bucks for football to play at Finley, for basketball to play at Murphy, for baseball to play at Smith Field (MTSU). Track and tennis both use MTSU. 

But wrestling, we can only go where it’s free. 

• Upvote 1

Here is the deal. The coaches can make suggestions to have in state rules changed. Type them up and present them at the coaches meeting. 

suggest that tssaa change to year by year seeding for the dual championship. 

I would rather see it in writing up front.. like they do with football bracket or basketball bracket. ex. section 1 champ goes on this line. section 2 champ goes on this line. section 3 runner up goes on this line. that will stop all the debate as everyone will know where they fall. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

Here is the deal. The coaches can make suggestions to have in state rules changed. Type them up and present them at the coaches meeting. 

suggest that tssaa change to year by year seeding for the dual championship. 

I would rather see it in writing up front.. like they do with football bracket or basketball bracket. ex. section 1 champ goes on this line. section 2 champ goes on this line. section 3 runner up goes on this line. that will stop all the debate as everyone will know where they fall. 

I would like to see that demonstrated on this years draw.  let us see what it would mean in real time versus what we have now.  I suspect that this suggestion would sometimes work and sometimes not work, based on how well a team performs each year.  

10 minutes ago, texas23 said:

I would like to see that demonstrated on this years draw.  let us see what it would mean in real time versus what we have now.  I suspect that this suggestion would sometimes work and sometimes not work, based on how well a team performs each year.  

if i was to seed this years, this would be my bracket. Flipped the 3/6 and 4/5 matchups to avoid region foes meeting before the finals. 

1. Cleveland vs 8. Arlington

3. Brentwood vs 6. Halls

4. Dobyns vs 5. Bradley

2. Summit vs 7. Bartlett

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bump11 said:

if i was to seed this years, this would be my bracket. Flipped the 3/6 and 4/5 matchups to avoid region foes meeting before the finals. 

3. Brentwood vs 6. Halls

4. Dobyns vs 5. Bradley

2. Summit vs 7. Bartlett

what I read was that there would be a winner slotted to compete against some predetermined position from some region.  So, pick the regions winners and the runner ups , or however you want to describe who gets in and slot them.  

To be honest, I cannot imagine that this would consistently be a good way to do it either.  Or maybe I misunderstood what werasslin means.

3 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

3. Brentwood vs 6. Halls

4. Dobyns vs 5. Bradley

2. Summit vs 7. Bartlett

That is a good point, but I do not think that is what werasslin was saying.