Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

37 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Cleveland beats Summit by 15+

You are right Cleveland Raiders will mercy rule most of the teams. Cleveland Raiders are a really good team. Cleveland Raiders will not mercy rule Summit Spartans but they will beat them soundly. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

• Sad 1

So what exactly is the problem?  State is always seeded this way right?  Trust me I feel for Pete (I consider him a friend) but LAST year Summit was beat by DB and this year they are having to pay for that.  That does suck but it is the way it's always been. This is not going to change and even if it did how would it change?  Who would seed the tournament that would please the whole state?  Someone was going to have to wrestle Cleveland first round and this year it's going to be Summit.  I can't speak for Pete but I would think the speech from Pete would be to go win this match if they want a chance to win a championship.  Every darn year people complain about brackets and seeding and it never changes.  Im a Cleveland guy and I can tell you with 100% certainty that any time my son wrestled and he drew the #1 seed he was told to go win that match because thats who he came to wrestle anyways.  Maybe the solution is true second??  Heck I don't know....my son's HS career is over and all I can tell you all is that this is the part of State that I do not miss.  Win and EVERYTHING else will take care of itself. Good luck and safe wrestling to all the teams!

Edited by BOUNCE

20 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

So what exactly is the problem?  State is always seeded this way right?  Trust me I feel for Pete (I consider him a friend) but LAST year Summit was beat by DB and this year they are having to pay for that.  That does suck but it is the way it's always been. This is not going to change and even if it did how would it change?  Who would seed the tournament that would please the whole state?  Someone was going to have to wrestle Cleveland first round and this year it's going to be Summit.  I can't speak for Pete but I would think the speech from Pete would be to go win this match if they want a chance to win a championship.  Every darn year people complain about brackets and seeding and it never changes.  Im a Cleveland guy and I can tell you with 100% certainty that any time my son wrestled and he drew the #1 seed he was told to go win that match because thats who he came to wrestle anyways.  Maybe the solution is true second??  Heck I don't know....my son's HS career is over and all I can tell you all is that this is the part of State that I do not miss.  Win and EVERYTHING else will take care of itself. Good luck and safe wrestling to all the teams!

The issue is the seeding criteria needs to change. 

The issue is you shouldn't seed a team this year based first and foremost on last years finish. 

I know Pete as well and I'm sure hes saying something to the effect of "we face them in the finals or we face them first round, doesnt matter to us, we'll beat them no matter what round etc" He's a winner and that's his mindset. I coached under him with that program for 5 or so years. He's a great coach and good guy. Venues have changed, tournament formats have changed, now its time we band together and change this as well. 

Can someone, anyone, give me one single reason why Halls or Dobyns Bennett should be seeded above Summit that doesn't include "they finished higher than them last year at the state tournament last year"?

Edited by WrestlingGod

2 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

So we band together because it happened to Summit this year?

You think this is the first time this has happened? Where the CLEAR second best team in the state has caught the first best team in the state first round (or second round before they stupidly added a sectional)?

Go ask Hamm about that. It happened to Wilson Central two or three years in a row. 

Edited by WrestlingGod

1 minute ago, BOUNCE said:

I didn’t say it was the first time…all I’m saying is go win and everything else will fall into place. 

That's a cop out. I'm not saying the bracket this year should be changed. It is what it is. They've made their decision (i guess). 

I'm saying this criteria has to be changed. So things like this don't ever happen again. It's happened too many times. To just say, oh well thats the tssaa for you, is a bad mindset. We, as the tn wrestling community, should ALWAYS strive for whats best for the state. To agree with that doesn't mean you're anti any one team. We can all agree this is ridiculous and should change. 

It’s happened to both WC and Bradley in years past. 
I know Pete as well. I coached the kid all the way from Kids Club to High School. Although it sucks. I’m sure he will use all of that as motivation. But let’s not act like all of this hasn’t happened before. 
yes change needs to take place. But until you get the two out that’s in control of our sport it’s not going to change. I hate it as well. Cause one of those guys is a former Cleveland guy. Who wrestled for Pete’s dad. I hate it and I’m all for the change to the system as well as the venue. 

Then make it happen bro…you don’t need anyone to come together with you to make a change.  Go get it and I’m sure it will make everyone happy. 
  Like I said in my post…this is how they do things…everyone knows…and pretty much everyone disagrees with it (me included) so why the big deal now?  Stop making this a us against you deal!  
 If you get a change made I’m sure you will be the whole states hero but holy cow man you gotta realize that in life everything is not fair!