Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

at the bottom of the bracket there’s a button to “submit a correction” and i just left them a long note about this bs. maybe if more people do it they will take it do it they will amend it. i doubt it but they need to hear what people really think about their bs 

13 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

They SHOULD be on the other side…if Tssaa actually gave a s*** about wrestling and seeded this thing the way it should be seeded.

It’s always been like this. And if Summit does well then it’ll be better for them next year? I get it we all knew someone would get butt hurt over it. But it is what it is. We all get it that Summit has been ranked #2 in public all year. But…they do go loosely off of last years finishes. 

18 minutes ago, Humorist said:

It’s always been like this. And if Summit does well then it’ll be better for them next year? I get it we all knew someone would get butt hurt over it. But it is what it is. We all get it that Summit has been ranked #2 in public all year. But…they do go loosely off of last years finishes. 

I’m very well aware of how it’s seeded. I’m saying it’s not done right. Also, “butthurt” is a reach. Every person who’s followed the sport in any capacity this year can tell you that match in the first round is wrong. 

41 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

I’m very well aware of how it’s seeded. I’m saying it’s not done right. Also, “butthurt” is a reach. Every person who’s followed the sport in any capacity this year can tell you that match in the first round is wrong. 

It’s only 8 teams. TSSAA should be able to seed 8 teams correctly. Can’t always go on previous years results. Stuff changes like WC. It would literally take less than an hour to seed them. 

• Upvote 2

Absolutely ridiculous to “blind draw” five spots and only seed based on previous year results. A three to five person seeding committee could do this right in under 30 minutes. There are only eight teams to seed. 

Cleveland, Summit and Brentwood all in top half of the bracket?

If that is indeed how it shakes out, it’s a travesty. And an insult to the sport in this state.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

Not reaching. But we all knew someone would get “screwed” in all of this. It always happens. It’s just that when all is said and done I get it the T$$AA is the problem. But obviously they “loosely” go off last years results. Like I said it’s always the same thing. 

3 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Reminds of 2021 when DB, who killed Science Hill 49-24 at regionals, then draws Cleveland in round one. Science Hill gets Collierville.  Yeah, that happened.  To top it off Bradley got Wilson Central in round one.

It appears you have your years muddled. Science Hill beat D-B twice in 2021, both in the conference dual and the region dual finals, explaining why they got Collierville instead of Cleveland. See, D-B was in second place. The 49-24 was in 2022. Science Hill didn't even go in 2022. There is a more complex explanation for why Bradley drew Wilson Central but I'm not sure I could explain it to you. I just mostly hope you haven't been upset over this for too long. Regardless, I think the draw they have this year atones most generously for any other perceived injustice they've been done regarding other years.

Would be an interesting argument for a true second though...

Edited by ArtusCimber

33 minutes ago, ArtusCimber said:

It appears you have your years muddled. Science Hill beat D-B twice in 2021, both in the conference dual and the region dual finals, explaining why they got Collierville instead of Cleveland. See, D-B was in second place. The 49-24 was in 2022. Science Hill didn't even go in 2022. There is a more complex explanation for why Bradley drew Wilson Central but I'm not sure I could explain it to you. I just mostly hope you haven't been upset over this for too long. Regardless, I think the draw they have this year atones most generously for any other perceived injustice they've been done regarding other years.

I’m not upset about this at all as I’m not affiliated with DB in any way and never have been.   Regardless of the complex explanation those matchups shouldn’t have happened.  

I also remember when the worst case of flu ever hit Science Hill and they couldn't show up for a dual against DB because the entire team (except for one guy) was disabled. LoL.  Nothing to do with all of this, just something that popped into my head when thinking about DB vs SH.

Edited by oceansize42

44 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

In all honesty… does it really matter? 

Yes.  As a fan of wrestling I want to see the best matchups at the right place in the bracket. Doesn't matter if the outcome isn't in much doubt, however, odd things can happen when the pressure mounts which it is sure to do in the finals.  Everyone gets a little tight an heavy is the head that wears the crown.  None of us wanted to see that matchup in round one.  The pressure, while great, isn't the same.  We want to see that match for all the marbles.  Now its easy as parent of a HS wrestler (I guess you are, you could be some obese women at the beach in a bikini lifting your fat rolls to even out your tan for all I know) on an excellent team to be smug and say wrestling for second is no better than wrestling for third but it is. Plus I think seeding should be done correctly for the wrestlers sake.   It really wouldn't take too much to get seeding right considering the small number of teams. I realize you can't make everyone happy but at a minimum we should at least get the top two right.