If I were looking for a Head Coach

ILB1999

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Think you read it wrong tradertwo. Alcoa pays well enough that not many are willing to leave and take less. Maryville. The two main coaches for Alcoa are former Maryville players and neither one of them could take a cut in pay just to go back home.

:roll:Bless your heart:roll:

11 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I’m sure they both have excellent coaching staffs and their track records speak for themselves.  Having said that I’m also sure that they both have very talented players across the board and that plays a huge role in their success.  

yeah.  coaches don't really matter to the success of a program...

22 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Not sure anyone at Alcoa would want to leave that Gold mine. Maryville is currently full of former HC’s. I’m sure some of them might get the itch again but Maryville might pay too much to leave. Knox County is not attractive at all when it comes to paying coaches. I’m shocked there have not been more leave the county for better pay. Not sure of guys on West staff. Maybe the DC. He seems to have had some success. Is that him or Brown though? When does Courtney’s son get a shot? You gotta think Lambert at AC might get the itch. No idea about anyone else on that staff. Does OR have any guys on staff that are ready? Interesting topic for sure.

Its the DC. Dude works ridiculous hours and watches old DCM tapes of opponents for fun in his free time. LB wouldn't hand the keys to his defense to anyone that couldn't cut the mustard.  DC and TE coach may be the best kept secrets in Knox Co. 

9 minutes ago, strongx said:

Everyone that failed to hire the twins from CC missed out. Two great people who are excellent coaches.

What about their defense, that's what I would be concerned about with them. Walker Valley would have scored a 100 points on them had it not been for the mercy rule. How could a team be that bad on defense.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

What about their defense, that's what I would be concerned about with them. Walker Valley would have scored a 100 points on them had it not been for the mercy rule. How could a team be that bad on defense.

Yeah, that’s one thing they were just never good at. Fielding a competent defense. If they could somehow hire a good DC, they’d be dangerous.

On 1/30/2024 at 3:57 PM, bounder said:

And nobody thinks these head coaches and assistants don't get phone calls from AD's wanting to know if they are interested in coming to their schools? Happens all the time.

I know an AD that calls a coach every single evening recruiting him.  

16 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I’m going to split hairs here, but here is my take. If you have 11 good athletes and put them on defense, your defense is going to be pretty good, regardless of the scheme. (I’m trying to forget how we tried to run a 3-4) If you only have two or three on defense, they’re not gonna be very good. Offensively, I think you can get by with two or three athletes if you have the right scheme. Most of the CC teams I saw didn’t have many athletes on the field, yet their offense usually produced more points than most other teams. I will be anxious to see how they do especially being able to recruit some kids in.

3 minutes ago, strongx said:

I’m going to split hairs here, but here is my take. If you have 11 good athletes and put them on defense, your defense is going to be pretty good, regardless of the scheme. (I’m trying to forget how we tried to run a 3-4) If you only have two or three on defense, they’re not gonna be very good. Offensively, I think you can get by with two or three athletes if you have the right scheme. Most of the CC teams I saw didn’t have many athletes on the field, yet their offense usually produced more points than most other teams. I will be anxious to see how they do especially being able to recruit some kids in.

recruit some kids from where?  Not sure how you would sell running the wing t for CC to a young man.