2024 Mr & Miss Basketball Finalists Will Be Announced On Thursday At 10AM CST

CoachT

The thing about the TSSAA release is that there's no data with the release. With that said it's tough for me to make an argument for or against anyone. However, I will say that I was hoping that Joya Crawford would've been there in AAA. She's a Junior averaging 16.6 PPG at nomination time (currently 17.3) playing on a team that's been consistently ranked #4 in AAA. And her team is undefeated in a District with two opposing teams that went to state a year ago including a state semifinalist. Dburg's three losses are to Tennessee's #15 and #16 teams across all classifications and Ohio's #14 team across all classifications. 

I would bet that they don't release the data because it doesn't always reflect who is chosen.    Narrowing down to 3 is an impossible task no doubt but I believe sometimes they leave off some players trying to include all regions.   If that is their basis then they should release the data with the results.   Its kind of like the AP poll.   There are several weeks that have 10 voters that vote regularly!   No way they get a real representation of the state rankings with such few votes.    If the Mr/Ms Basketball votes are similar then it is a small few voting for the entire state.   I would love to see those numbers.  

On 2/9/2024 at 6:28 AM, RexKwonDo said:

Can't really argue with 1A and  2A. I could see Kee being on there as well and there wouldn't be an argument if she was. 2A is just loaded with talent. 

Winners- In 1A Davis for sure. 2A is a little closer, but I think Hart is deserving.

Lots of good players in AA but I just don't see how Micah Hart don't win it in AA this year. She is very close to being the all time leading scorer at Gibson County. Just has dominated the game this year in West TN and has been keyed on by teams big time. Phenomenal basketball player. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Lots of good players in AA but I just don't see how Micah Hart don't win it in AA this year. She is very close to being the all time leading scorer at Gibson County. Just has dominated the game this year and has been keyed on by teams big time. Phenomenal basketball player. 

I hope she decides a to come play with her sister at Bethel. 

21 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Lots of good players in AA but I just don't see how Micah Hart don't win it in AA this year. She is very close to being the all time leading scorer at Gibson County. Just has dominated the game this year in West TN and has been keyed on by teams big time. Phenomenal basketball player. 

Same with Lilly Kee. Will at least end up #2 in Huntingdon history. She was double and triple teamed many games. So many times Wilkins could have padded her stats and run it up on teams but did the right thing. 

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Same with Lilly Kee. Will at least end up #2 in Huntingdon history. She was double and triple teamed many games. So many times Wilkins could have padded her stats and run it up on teams but did the right thing. 

Lillie Kee is a player I agree. If she stays out of foul trouble Huntingdon can win it all. Miss Basketball is an award that lots of times the best player won't win. Heather Butler from Gibson County is the all time scoring leader in OVC history and didn't win it. Went 70-1 and 2 Gold Balls and was at state another year.