3 vs. 4 classifications in basketball.

QSouth89

14 hours ago, MP2023 said:

It should be three classes because it is watered down. We have to many football classes and we have more schools playing basketball than football. We know it is about money forTSSAA.

I agree, being spread like it is, I don't see how the TSSAA is making any money. 4 and 5 team districts, an entire football class in D2 made up of just 12 teams.  In my opinion it looks bad.  They should go back to 3 classes in basketball for DI, two classes for DII, in football 4 classes in DI and two classes in DII. But alas. it's not my decision.

Edited by QSouth89
  • Like 1

If they change the number of classifications again. I would like to see the same districts/regions for all sports. I know some schools may not have a wrestling team or volleyball team or whatever... So if a school doesn't have a team in that sport the district/region has fewer teams in that sport. pretty simple. If they don't make it the same for all sports just leave it alone.

3 hours ago, chill said:

Stay four classes but lose the districts.

I like the idea of keeping districts but doing away with district tournaments. Use regular season district standings to seed the region tournaments. 
This would also make the season one week shorter, which would be a positive.

Go to Regions only and get rid of Districts.  

1-2:  Region 1

3-4:  Region 2

5-6:  Region 3

7-8:  Region 4

9-10:  Region 5

11-12:  Region 6

13-14:  Region 7

15-16:  Region 8

It would bring back the feeling of a tournament setting to where teams had something to play for instead of this silly “everyone gets a participation trophy” mentality that exists today.