State Tournament Pairings

3 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

TSSAA needs to go back to the "blind draw" with coaches in attendance. 

I'm not a coach so I can't say this with any certainty. But from what I am hearing from various media outlets, nobody knew the brackets were going to be unveiled yesterday. I only recall the brackets coming out before Sectionals on one occasion and that was due to weather. 

I truly don’t think TSSAA purposely screws teams with the bracket. There is no benefit to TSSAA to putting the best teams on one side of the bracket. They don’t make more money by doing that.

I don’t think they’ll ever go back to live draw with coaches in attendance. It was tough on coaches from far east TN and far west TN to drive up for the draw then go home just to drive back a couple days later. However, there is no reason for TSSAA not to livestream the draw to avoid any appearance of dishonesty 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, westtn12 said:

The bottom half of AA is well… let’s just say an easy route for the only decent team GP. Once again.. the “blind” draw is a scam. 

Hey in AAA guess how then”blind draw” did? 4 West Tn teams in the field of 8 &&& guess what we all play each other! How “blind is that! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

South Side has punched their ticket.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

3 state tournament appearances in 3 years is pretty impressive! 1 gold & 1 silver ball is great! Maybe another gold this year 

• Like 1