Milan looking for a new Coach

On 3/2/2024 at 6:07 PM, ReitzFan said:

Regarding this hire by Lexington.  Carr did not seek out Lexington. The Tigers went Carr shopping. An offer, with a substantial pay increase was made. Carr gave Milan the opportunity to meet, beat, or just get reasonably close the the Tiger Town offer. The management at The Purple Puppy Palace declined the opportunity. 

I've been told that the inside politics at Milan can be difficult to deal with. Funny thing is, I've heard the same thing about politics in Tiger Town as well.

Was going to let this one fade away with time because it doesn't really matter, but after a week...

Not going to display the details on here, but I can tell you Reitz, that your sources failed you on this one. Some I know and some just rumors, but most of your info is off.

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Was going to let this one fade away with time because it doesn't really matter, but after a week...

Not going to display the details on here, but I can tell you Reitz, that your sources failed you on this one. Some I know and some just rumors, but most of your info is off.

tradertwo nose how that scoop can get foggish after a few tugs of sauce at the local speakeasy

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

On 3/2/2024 at 8:23 PM, TNbuck84 said:

Mr. Williamson, 

We know that you are enjoying your retirement and free time after a long and grueling NFL career. We know that you are pursuing various business ventures in West TN. We also know that you are already working as a position coach at a school that is 15 minutes from us, but strangely not at your alma mater (but no hard feelings, right?) 

How would you like to give all that up and come work for perhaps the most unrealistic and disgruntled fanbases west of the TN river? We are sure that that the high level of stress and pressure this opportunity will bring will pale in comparison to the pride and joy you will bring to our Milan community (until you lose too many games). We are looking forward to celebrating your return (and then calling for your firing after you drop the week 9 game to Peabody.)

Warm Regards, 

Milan Booster Club

Honestly, he probably would in a second if offered. He loves Milan. He loves Milan Football. 

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not going to pretend I'm Adam Schefter or anything but the people I've talked to about it pretty much said the opposite of Reitz comment as well.  

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

There are always two sides to every story and the truth falls somewhere in the middle. Sources are only worth the picture they’re trying to paint. If you talk to someone who is Milan through and through their story will be Milan is amazing etc. If you talk to the last three coaches who have stayed 2 years a piece then you get a different story. Probably truth on both sides.