State Tourney 2A Pick Em

Congrats Tornadoes! Incredible effort by Alcoa. Jahvin Carter is simply amazing. I’ve watched a lot of basketball in Blount County and he is the best player ever at Alcoa and the best high school player in Blount County history, imo. His accomplishments, both individually and for his team, are off the charts.

Edited by Norman Dale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Congratulations to Alcoa. Jahvon Carter is a great player. Douglas had no one who could guard him. Other players for Alcoa stepped up.  I think Rick Barnes should have offered Jahvon Carter. 

No one in the state can guard that kid. 

50 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

Congrats Tornadoes! Incredible effort by Alcoa. Jahvin Carter is simply amazing. I’ve watched a lot of basketball in Blount County and he is the best player ever at Alcoa and the best high school player in Blount County history, imo. His accomplishments, both individually and for his team, are off the charts.

Lee Humphrey would like a word...

2 hours ago, dirtydawg15 said:

Lee Humphrey would like a word...

I’m sure Lee Humphrey doesn’t care what I think, lol. Lee had a great high school career for sure and then started on two national title teams at Florida. But I’m talking high school only and Carter’s accomplishments, both individually plus two state titles/ state tourney MVP’s, are the best ever for a high school player in Blount County, imo 

You can say Alcoa plays in a lower classification but the reality is Alcoa has had some very good teams in the last 50 years but hasn’t won a state title playing in lower classifications before they won two with Carter leading the way. 

Edited by Norman Dale

On 3/16/2024 at 6:23 PM, Throwdeslant said:

:thumb: :lol:

My comment was made to illuminate the fact that Douglass is nowhere near the Upper Cumberland region, yet UCSportsFan picked them to win it all...glad that you had the spine to disagree with his prognosis before you knew the results, else you might have looked like a troll taking shots after the fact.:mrgreen: