Coffee County Vacancy?

spanfre

I just heard that a new name has surfaced in the head coach hunt. Rumor has it that Carlton Flatt from BA has already been down to CHS and has presented the "powers in charge" with the things it will take to get him there. Will the Coffee County system pay him more than the schools principal to get him there. I would say some of the public school coaches who could not beat him at BA would line up to take a shot at him at Coffee County. Will he also be the athletic director? What about Shelton? Will he be fired to make room? I think Coffee County would be quite different from BA.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will NEVER happen. First of all, no public school in the state can pay $75,000 a year and he will not work for less. Every year, these "high profile" coaches go to a public school and "go through the motions" of acting like they are interested in a job. They almost always pick places they have absolutely no intention of working at so they can force the school where they are employed to give them more money to resign their contract. I hope the good folks at Coffee County don't fall for this. Trust me when I say, "Carlton Flatt will NEVER be the head coach at Coffee County!" He will probably never coach anywhere EXCEPT Brentwood Academy. These "high profile" coaches (there are about ten of them in the state) who earn the "big bucks" and they always use the threat of leaving to up their salary at home.

Calrton Flatt has gone to at least two schools (Coffee County would make three) in the past five years, and laid his "cards" on the table. Imagine one the most successful coaches in the state walking into your office and telling you how much money it would take for him to accept the job!

Too bad none of the schools have called his bluff and offered him the job, which to my knowledge has never happened.

NO MATTER WHO WALKS IN AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH SUCCESS THEY HAVE HAD THINGS CANNOT BE TURNED AROUND AS QUICKLY AS THE PEOPLE IN COFFEE COUNTY WANT THINGS FIXED. THE PEOPLE THERE ARE PATIENT AND GOD KNOWS THEY HAVE BEEN WAITING. YET I DON'T THINK CARLTON FLATT IS THE ANSWER TO WHAT THEY NEED. THEY WANT A MAN WHO WILL COME IN AND RESSURRECT SOME PRIDE, DECENCY, ETHICS, AND HARD WORK INTO A PROGRAM THAT IS WILLING TO DO WHAT ANYONE ASKS. CARLTON NEEDS COFFEE COUNTY AS MUCH AS COFFEE COUNTY NEEDS TO PAY FOR CARLTON FLATT.

While it is a fact that he has been to Coffee County to check things out, I was just wondering how long everyone thinks it would take ol' Carlton to get passed on the active winning list. I was thinking about an average of 1.5 wins a year and he would probably get passed in about three years and his winning percentage would be destroyed. If anyone thinks he will be going to CC they are out of there minds.

[Edited by flattop on 1-2-03 2:19P]