Alcoa Job

Guest middledog

There is a group of 5 or 6 people that have gotten together the last few years to interview and pic the new coaches. I believe that group is going to stay the same. Some of the names of the people are Robinette, the principle, rob daugherty, the athletic director, mr steve fugate, a former coach, coach dalton, i believe jane qualls and john harris.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to have an inside source on this topic, and from what I hear Dalton may not be retiring. If he doesn't retire, then the coach will have to be within the system. That leaves Coach Adams, Talley, and the front runner I think is Hand Snyder! Snyder has been at Alcoa for a while, and I think he could be the man for the job. But I have heard rumors that Coach Ironside and Meadows have made calls, but I don't know how true that is.

To Be The Best You Gotta Beat The Best!!!!#5

I don't think Hale got fired but basically run off by the parents and boosters. And i don't think he hit a player but grabbed his face mask. the boosters wanted players to be treated like girls then and from the time hale left until hammontree took over that is exactly what they played like. I know Emory Hale and he is a very good man. Alcoa would be lucky to get someone like him. Great offensive mind.

Lord and/or MHS:

I didn't really know Coach Hammontree that well, but from all I've ever heard, people either loved him or hated him ... there was no middle ground. It was his way or the highway and he wasn't a great "people person" but I think that alot of the reason the Maryville is where it is now can be contributed to Hammontree.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not pretty much replace the coaching staff that was there when he came, with a lot of the coaches that are currently there ... including Coach Quarles?

GovMan

• 1 month later...