1A state predictions

TheAnswer9

How do you folks see this thing shaping up next week in the 'Buro???

Let me give it the ole college try--RD by RD:

1st

Mitchell over Trousdale Co

Temple over Perry Co----what could have been

Summertown over Greenfield---the ride ends here

Cosby over Univ High JC

And I'll be back for more later my friends!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The three best teams in the STate are all in the same half of the bracket, which will be a tough road....

I think Mitchell wins round one...

Temple beats Perry Co

Greenfield wins

Cosby wins...

Mitchell with the upset in the semis...

Greenfield continues their amazing upset run...

Mitchell is the upset State Champion........

Greetings, all. It has been a while since I have been around coacht. My kudos to all the teams who have advanced to the final 8 at Murphy Center. How about 2 representatives from district 12A in the state tourney. Looks like this was a very strong district this year. Summertown finished with five district losses, but turned it on the last three weeks and have shot lights out in the tournaments. I know both of these coaches, and they both deserve a chance at a banner, as well as their players. Good luck to Perry Co. and Summertown next week; represent the district well. ;):D

Sounds like another open enrollment scandal in Memphis. Let me guess? Memphis has decided to dominate Class A as well by loading up another school. This team was horrible a year ago and very good in one year. This sounds like typical Memphis basketball. The most talent in the state in one geographic area that pick the schools they go to and move around as they please. A coaches dream!!!!

Mitchell is the only Class 1A school in all of Memphis. That should tell you something right there. After the D1-D2 split in 97-98, they were the only 1A school left in the Shelby-Metro area. So they put them in District 16 with Lake County, Bradford, Halls, and Trenton--a 2-hour drive from LC, Bradford and Trenton, a 1 1/2 hour drive from Halls. So to keep from making the drive, Trenton, Bradford and LC all paid Mitchell to come to their place twice in 1997-98. The next year, Mitchell came with new jerseys and warmups. LC and Trenton decided they would go back to the home-and-home series, but Bradford paid them again. Then, in the 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 seasons, Mitchell moved back up to 2A. The good 2A Memphis schools were kicking their tail, so they moved back down to 1A for the 2001-2002 season. They got them a new school built and got some transfers from other Memphis schools. Since they moved back down to 1A, their enrollment increased from 369 students to 587 students. So basically, they are now a 2A school playing 1A basketball, but will not move up to 2A until next year because of the TSSAA classification rules.

Quarterfinals

Mitchell vs. Trousdale Co. - Mitchell

Perry County vs. Temple - Temple

Summertown vs. Greenfield - Summertown

Cosby vs. University School - Cosby

Semifinals

Mitchell vs. Temple - Temple

Summertown vs. Cosby

Finals

Temple vs. Cosby - Temple

Class A Champions ----Tennessee Temple

This should be an interesting State Tournament. That is amazing with the 3 best teams all in the top half of the brackets. They should come up with a new format for how teams are placed against each other.