Who will be the top contender for the 4A state cha

Scuba7

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who have they recruited? Do you have proof they recruit? I doubt it. Maryville may not win the state this year, but you know what.........they are in an elite class of high school football teams in the history of the state of tennessee football. Maryville wins with average, a few great, atheltes and GREAT coaching. If you break maryville down on film, you will see that they are not the biggest, fastest, and strongest team on the field every week. BUT, they are coached to win, they have that hunger that alot of you "maryville haters" dont have. That is why they win, b/c they stay hungry. Not b/c they have the biggest, fastest, and strongest athletes on the field, nor b/c they recruit. If you dont like hearing about maryville, then dont read the post that deal w/them. It's as simple as that. Everyone hates maryville b/c they cant beat them. Be happy for a team that is in an elite class of football teams, dont make outragous alligations that you cant back up.

let me tell you guys something, the team that will suprise people is the Ridgeway Roadrunners. They have been waiting for a chance to prove themselves against the big boys and this is their chance. Their oustanding defense from last year lost only two players and the two who are going to replace them will probably be even better. Their offense lost some linemen, but they won't miss a beat with outstanding QB Will Hudgens and RB Marcus Clayton. If they were playing 3A ball next year, I would pick them to dominate once again, but who knows, they might do it 4A. Watch out Maryville.

Guys, I hate it when folks associate a successful program, whether public or private, with not playing by the rules. This is a sorry excuse for people who are poor losers. I am not a Maryville fan, but my dollar is that they don't recruit. People don't understand the pride in programs like Maryville. Many of the Maryville players' fathers also played in that program. That school is close to the Alcoa aluminum plant, and resembles the schools around the steel mills of Pittsburg. Football is everything in that town. You have Heritage, Alcoa, Maryville, William Blount, etc. all in a spitting distance of each other. Bragging rights are huge. My brother-in-law played at Alcoa, and has told me about how football is viewed.

Please, do not align successful programs with the idea that they recruit, as they more than likely concentrate on playing by the rules than anyone because they are so scrutinized.

Now for my pick.....Maryville. :D

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-9-03 9:52P]

That's almost as funny as me saying Rutledge will win the 3A state title!

Posted by OllieShaggnasty:

I will say that cute Kevin Catlett and his cute staff will lead Clinton all the way to the 4A championship. The fans across Tennessee will be stunned not only by the performance of the Dragons, but also by the good looks of Catlett and his staff.

Oliver P. Shaggnasty--that's with 2 g's.

Brandon100,

This may be one of the best posts that I have ever seen on this site. :) I get so tired of people getting on this site and crying because their team lost to a better team that "recruits". I appreciate your candid honesty. As far as picks to win state. It would be hard to overlook Maryville with their track record. Cleveland will be tough with Barber returning. Central may be able to contend, but they are pretty young. It is all up in the air