My Guesses at 4-5A

TDCman

yes you can, é. see it can be done. you are just behind times. to do this press alt 130. son, don't ever try to correct me again--i know my stuff.

dont ever call me son, i aint ur son,...talkin to me like u know me..if i really wanted to put an accent mark i would have worried about it, but since u dont type in capital letters, i dont use accent marks....got it. oh and FACT: MIDDLE TENNESSEE FOOTBALL IS BETTER THAN EAST TENNESSEE, ESPICALLY 5A. Look at the past State championships...2002: Brentwood vs Riverdale..hmmm, both from middle tennessee...2001: Riverdale vs Hendersonville...hmmm, both from middle tennessee....2000: Red Bank vs Riverdale....riverdale is from mid ten., and i dont consider Chat. to be east tenn., 1999: Sevier County(wow east tenn pops up) vs Glencliff...mmmmm middle tennessee there....1998: Oakland vs Hendersonville...wow, both from middle tennessee....i think u will find a similar trend if u continue...have facts to back up ur supposed facts...AND WOW, IN EVERY STATE CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE 98(thats as far back as i am looking right now, then you look at years 94-97 when riverdale was pretty dominant too) ACCEPT IN 99 HAS HAD A TEAM FROM REGION 4 IN IT...INTERESTING SINCE EAST TENN IS SO MUCH BETTER

Edited by olineathlete

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

but jpats i think out of that great riverdale class ur mentioning(antron peebles,alvin duke) that u had a nfl starter in fernando bryant and a good defensive back in gerald griffin who the one that shutdown peter warrick in the fiesta bowl the year that tennessee won the national championship. so next time jpats either quit fighting a losing war with these region 4 fans or do you homework.

JPat said:

"i use all lowercase letters, unless i'm wanting to call attention to a particular word. as for the number of schools in maryville, there are 4. hertiage and william blount are 5a and alcoa is 2a."

Let us examine what you said in your latest post. Your first sentence in itself is a catastrophe, stemming primarily from your lack of agreement. The correct form of your sentence should be "I use all lowercase letters, unless I want to call attention to a particular word." Your second two sentences are also flawed. You used incorrect punctuation between the two. And to further break down your argument that you are an English minor, you used an incorrect conjunction to connect the differing classes of Maryville schools. Once again, the correct form of the rest of your post should be, "As for the number of schools in Maryville, there are four; Heritage and William Blount are 5A, while Alcoa is 2A."

Just so you don't try to say I am incorrect, I had a former English professor look over the post, just to be sure I didn't do anything to make a fool of myself. Perhaps you should do the same.

As for Rankin, he is an excellent coach. He is a tactical genius, and knows football very well. If he wanted to, he could easily move on to the college level, or move on to a better known high school program. His weight, eating habits, etc. . .have nothing to do with his mind. In this game you have to have a brain. The size of your stomach does not affect your intellect. And for you to say that he can not teach his players discipline, because he can not control his eating habits, is preposterous. Case in point: Jeff Fisher and Gary Rankin, same height, same weight, and same build. Both are excellent coach's in their respective programs.

Your argument has no merit, JPat. Take it to another board, perhaps one concerning Jefferson County. This is a 4-5A board, and I ask that the moderators lock it if you do not discontinue your posting here.

Stay on topic, or move it someplace else. That is all I ask.

One more thing, just as a disclaimer, I do not like Rankin personally, but when it comes to his coaching, he is second to none.

-JohnC

english grammar is constantly changing. for example, using a preposition at the end of a sentence has always been considered incorrect. however, this is not the case anymore (heard of a verb particle). ask the professor that informed you of my poor sentence structure if he/she has taken any classes in the morphology of english. my guess is the english professor you're talking about is outdated and probably doesn't know the difference between the spoken word and the written word. in addition, just because one is a professor does not mean they know all the ins and outs of grammar and usage. on this board, even though it's in writing, i use the spoken word. you know, just as if i was speaking to you in person. furthermore, allow me the privilege to evaluate some of your professor's work so that i can pick it apart--trust me, i can.

All right, you want to debate the merits of spoken vs. written English.

You write like you speak, and speak like you write. To do differently is ignorant. Your grammar, the way you form your sentences, and the flow from one to another reflects on you as a person. Tell me, would you rather we all consider you an ignorant pissant, or an educated and intelligent individual, as you have claimed to be.

The Professor is a good friend of mine, who is aware of the "morphology of English" and the various courses that are offered in it. She still however, found your post to be as ignorant as I. Grammar is cut and dry. There are case exceptions, but none of them fit your case in particular.

Allow me to point you to a some textbook that will suit you:

"Harbrace: Grammar and Structure"

And my personal favorite, a book which I use every time I write a paper, "Better Grammar in 30 Minutes A Day." This book will suit you very well. In fact, as one of it's uses on the cover it states: "For anyone who wants their written communications to be more powerful and professional." Do you want your written communication to make sense? To be more powerful? To be free of errors which I and countless others pick apart on this board? Then read the book, please.

As to my assertion that your argument had no base, you did not have a rebuttal for that, so I can only figure that you found the error in it, and decided to drop it.

Once again, this is a Region4-5A board, one in which we need to talk about Region4-5A. I ask all of you to stop this petty bickering, and focus on the topic. This board is not the board for us to tear each other to shreds. Start a new topic if you want to do that. I am willing to stop, and this will be the last character slash that I post on this board, unless I am openly provoked.

Enough is enough folks. It needs to end here and now.

Ah yes, just so you know JPat, my professor friend is 26 years old. She is no where near "outdated."

-JohnC

All right, you want to debate the merits of spoken vs. written English.

You write like you speak, and speak like you write. To do differently is ignorant. Your grammar, the way you form your sentences, and the flow from one to another reflects on you as a person. Tell me, would you rather we all consider you an ignorant pissant, or an educated and intelligent individual, as you have claimed to be.

The Professor is a good friend of mine, who is aware of the "morphology of English" and the various courses that are offered in it. She still however, found your post to be as ignorant as I. Grammar is cut and dry. There are case exceptions, but none of them fit your case in particular.

Allow me to point you to a some textbook that will suit you:

"Harbrace: Grammar and Structure"

And my personal favorite, a book which I use every time I write a paper, "Better Grammar in 30 Minutes A Day." This book will suit you very well. In fact, as one of it's uses on the cover it states: "For anyone who wants their written communications to be more powerful and professional." Do you want your written communication to make sense? To be more powerful? To be free of errors which I and countless others pick apart on this board? Then read the book, please.

As to my assertion that your argument had no base, you did not have a rebuttal for that, so I can only figure that you found the error in it, and decided to drop it.

Once again, this is a Region4-5A board, one in which we need to talk about Region4-5A. I ask all of you to stop this petty bickering, and focus on the topic. This board is not the board for us to tear each other to shreds. Start a new topic if you want to do that. I am willing to stop, and this will be the last character slash that I post on this board, unless I am openly provoked.

Enough is enough folks. It needs to end here and now.

Ah yes, just so you know JPat, my professor friend is 26 years old. She is no where near "outdated."

-JohnC

you (professor) only regurgitate what you have been taught. you are narrow minded and probably score no higher than 100 on iq tests. why? you lack good reasoning skills. you are the type of teacher that teaches students to always use the active voice rather than the passive. but this is not always the most effective means of communication. for example, if you are writing a paragraph about the activities of little johnny's day would it be more effective to say (active) "a wasp stung johnny as he ran through the barnyard" or (passive) "johnny was stung by a wasp as he ran through the barnyard"? the latter would be more effective. another example, in one context a word can be a preposition and an adverb in another. to test your knowledge, in the sentence "at midnight we turned in", is 'in' a preposition, adverb, or a verb particle? i seriously doubt you have a clue. oh, if you question my integrity, go to www.etsu.edu and go to find people and type in jack hance.

Guest region4fan

Back to Region 4...as it gets closer to the opening kick-off, has anyone decided to re-think the picks that were made earlier on this thread???How does Murphy Fair rank our region? Does anyone have a book yet??