My Guesses at 4-5A

TDCman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDCman, you're pretty close, but you probably need to drop Riverdale back behind Central Middle School.

Jpats, I don't understand your question. If it was Lincoln County you are referring to, then fan was right. The score was 10-9, and the Warriors did nothing after watching Taron go down right on their sideline. His foot was turned completely around and facing backwards. After the ambulance drove away, there was not much left in our guys. Plus Riverdale was looking ahead to the next game against Blackman, and we all know what overlooking an opponent can do for you. Lincoln County played well, but the real difference between the teams was shown in the first round playoff game where the Warriors won by 4 TDs.

My picks

Riverdale

Oakland

Smyrna

Blackman

Lebanon

LaVergne

Siegal

Wilson Central

I am sure that I got them 100% right B)

on paper, who is the favorite to win region 4? having said that, part of why i think riverdale is drying up is that with each yr they have less and less top college prospects. this does not only come from the likes of "football time in tenn" but from coacht's own list of college prospects. this yr riverdale doesn't have any listed. what's up with that?

College prospects mean jack. Franklin had 0, count em' 0, prospects last season but I'd say they had a decent season. Also, as long as Riverdale has "mediocre" seasons in which they make it to the BlueCross Bowl I'd say they're doing alright. Just my opinion.

JPats,

To answer your question on paper it should be either Riverdale or Oakland winning the region. The other thing is this is not a good place to look for college prospects really. While coacht.com does a great job this is usually way, way behind on getting prospects on the list, or people don't bother to inform coacht to add them on. Everything that I hear is that Riverdale should be and expects to be a better team than last year. So after being so close to winning it all last year they should be an early favorite to be playing at Floyd Stadium and getting the win.

So he is still living in 1996? How sad.

Last time I checked, it was the number of games that you win, and how deep you go into the playoffs that matters. Not the number of all-something or other that you have listed in a poll. Who signed with a major D-1 school from the 2001 undefeated Riverdale team? No one that I can think of. Who did this past year? No one again, although two signed with MTSU. There are probably no Florida State, Miami, Texas, etc. signees on this year's team either. So what? Football is a team game. Put Emmitt Smith on a pee-wee team against a good high school team and see who wins.

Guest region4fan

Lordfrost, I beg to disagree with a few of your statements. I agree that Oakland is returning a multitude of talent, but they lack depth. Injuries could severely alter things for my Patriots.

I disagree with your opinion that wolke is the best player. I always thought he was a bit over-rated.Plus the word around Smyrna is that they are concentrating this year on a running game. Why would you do that with a QB with a rocket arm?

Riverdale always whines about needing a line. They thought they lacked one last year. RRRRRIGHTTTTTTT!!When you ahve such a successful program, kids move in to play there.

Lavergne has got some big ole boys this year. They are starting to learn their new system, and to believe in each other.The win against Lebanon was a real confidence booster.

As for Lebanon, you can't win with just one player. Their #4 is not everything. Remember they lost some key players.

Wilson Central had a really good freshman team, maybe these boys will contribute some leadership and surprise some folk.

I expect Siegel to start out slowly, but develop some confidence as the season progresses.

I think people are counting out Blackman....and I think that is a mistake. They were being counted out their first year, and we all know what happened then. Those kids love to prove folk wrong.

Guest region4fan

Just wondering Lordfrost, which team are you rootin' for? I initially thought you were for Blackman, but now I am thinking maybe it is Lebanon.

I do not care at all for Lebanon's coach. He did Oakland dirty last fall. He let our team come all the way down and warm-up before calling off our game. There was no lightning in sight , just heavy rain. He didn't even have the decency to come and tell Coach Euverard himself that they had cancelled it, he sent some flunkie instead. Our boys were soaked to the skin and had to ride home that way. Frienship Christian played their game at home that night just minutes away. Lavergne, who is also close played their s also. The game was not called off til 7.Oakland was fired up and ready to play on Friday.There was no discussion between the 2 head coaches . No courtesy extended.The next night was a home UT game ...against Florida. People were unhappy about not getting to use their tickets! Then the" great enthusiastic staff" that you were talking about refused to shake hands with the Oakland coaches after the game. Yeah, real class acts there at Lebanon. The good folk at Wilson Central said that they were unhappy about Brown pulling a stunt on them the 1st week of the season. They should have called the game as lightning was striking everywhere. He kept stalling it . They didn't play til about 10. On the first series, Central lost their QB for the season.That was a senseless injury. During the season I read many threads about Lebanon and there were serious racial troubles there. Your #4 was ready to walk more than once. I think there are still many rough times ahead for that team.But maybe you know something that I don't know.

Who is your favorite team, Lordfrost??

Guest region4fan

Lordfrost...we would be honored at Oakland for you to follow and support our team. You wouldl be hard pressed to find a better team.The kids are well-disciplined, well-loved, and well-coached. They are a Family at Oakland . I encourage you to check these boys out. We would be proud to gain another loyal and knowledgeable fan!