My Guesses at 4-5A

TDCman

Guest region4fan

I was just browsing the schedules for all the teams in our region. I am proud that several of the schools are really showing their spunk by scheduling powerhouses as their non-region games. Oakland has Brentwood Academy, Franklin, and Lincoln County. Blackman has Brentwood, Lavergne has MBA, and Smyrna has Gallatin. Several schools have Gallatin as well, and another has Brentwood. Siegel and Wilson Central are battling some light-weights as to be expected. But what is up with Lebanon??? Antioch, Cookeville, and Mt Juliet? Talk about padding your pocket! I have even less respect than I did before for that coach there.

Edited by region4fan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see each of the region teams schedule at least one premiere game against one of the top teams in middle Tennessee. Several schools play Lincoln county which has been great in the past and could easily be a top team again.

I would love to see Riverdale with either MBA or BA on the schedule every year but that is just from a fans point of view.

Guest region4fan

You may be right about the county rivalry thing, but then you have 2 more non-region games to schedule that could earn your school some respect.And I do not think that they made choices to gain that respect. Our region was crazy last year! It came down in the final playoff race to overall records and head to head wins. I would hate to see someone bumped out from overall record who had the guts to play Brentwood, Gallatin, and Hendersonville (like Smyrna isplaying) by a Lebanon team who played Antioch, Mt Juliet, ancd Cookeville. Or even worse nudging out Oakland who played Brentwood Academy, Franklin, and Lincoln County. Blackman has Brentwood, Franklin, and Lincoln County. Do you see what I mean? It is called a PADDED schedule.

I know what you will say....that you must win all your region games so you won't have to worry about it. However, we are not Riverdale, who get to ride into the playoffs in the #1 spot every year and who know they are in the playoffs by the mid season. The rest of us were by the skin of our teeth last year as some crazy weather affected some of our outcomes. We were all holding our breath in the last game for Lavergne to triumph over Lebanon so Oakland , Blackman, and Smyrna could see their fates and move on. I think you will agree that we 3 were the best representatives for our region to move on.If you will recall, Lebanon only won 4 games last year overall, and almost represented our region in 2nd place.What a travesty that would have been.

BTW Riverdale, is Thomas set in the QB spot??

Edited by region4fan

Not Riverdale, but if there is anyone on board that can take the QB spot from Thomas I haven't seen them yet. There are some really nice subdivisions being built in the Riverdale school zone so maybe a hot shot QB will move in. I think Thomas is going to be a very good QB but I would much rather have him doing all the other things that he can do for the team. If he does play QB, it will be very interesting to see what other roles he will play.

BTW, it wouldn't hurt if a couple DL and a couple DBs moved in too. B)

The opening of siegel made scheduling a little tougher for some. Lebanon had to drop Gallatin because of the new school. Gallatin tried to reschedule Lebanon to keep the rivalry intact but could not. Gallatin and Lebanon have played over 60 games together so that was atough one for us to lose. Granted the competion may not be as well seasoned as others but some of the Lebanon opponents will not be weak. Antioch was real young last year and has a very explosive back in Coker. I think that they are a sleeper and a playoff team this year. Cookeville may have the best Joslin team since he has been there. They return several key players and according to some may challenge Lincoln Co for the top spot. {I've seen Lincoln Co and they are loaded this year} Like I said the heavyweight names are not there but competion could be. If you ask me Blackman has a killer schedule. Lincoln Co, Brentwood, Gallatin, could all be region champions this year. Playing your region schedule on top of that is murder. Hey it should definitely be exciting for the fans anyway.

Guest region4fan

I am hearing you! Oakland is sure lacking depth this year. Our numbers are small. Unfortunately all the new subdivisions near Oakland will be zoned for Siegel. I think thay built those schools way too close together. I think someone said that they are less than 3 miles apart! Crazy, huh????? But we are hoping for the same thing, that some new kids with size and true heart move into our zone!!

I would love to see Thomas somewhere besides QB, but I haven't seen anyone either that appears to be able to step in. He makes so many things happen. Riverdale is loaded with skill people, just not at the QB position.

And I was not arguing your point about Lebanon's schedule, just pointing out that one of the games makes sense to me.

Guest region4fan

I was wondering about Thomas. Did he have an older brother who played for Riverdale about 3 yrs ago? I agree with you, he has QB written all over him. I love Qb's who are not afraid to run the ball. Thomas is so quick , gutsy , and determined. I think though that he may be a little hot-headed though.

Did Riverdale lose any more coaches? Is Britton still on board. I had heard he was trying to go to GA. How about Collins?

Green wave, thanks for the input. I know that the Wave will be tough, as always.

Gasser I have to agree with you. People arent giving the Blaze a chance, but the team is anxious and ready to show all the people that the "homegrown" players are to be reckoned with. Here are my predictions

1)Riverdale-hey they are just like the lakers, they're the best untill someone beats em.

2-3) this will be close between the Blaze and Patriots. Oakland has great returning players, but will the team be able to work together and put the hype and egos behind them? I will say 2-Blaze  3-Patriots

4)Lebanon-Hey this might be the sleeper team in the region. Good returning team from last year.

5)Smyrna--Can they win the big game and come through under pressure. Plus Wolke cant win everygame by himself.

Lavergne, Seigal, Wilson Central---God Bless you guys!! ;)

Good Post Shady!!! ;)

Guest region4fan

I was getting worried about you folk at Blackman. In the past you guys dominated the board. I haven't heard from bhsol, Slim, or Johnny C in forever. I am glad to see Blackman back represented on here. We don't always agree, but I love to hear your viewpoint. WELCOME BACK!!

A lot has been happening lately, but I'm still here. I've just been watching, listening, trying to get a feel on how everyone is going to be when the season starts here in roughly two months.

As to predictions and the like, I don't like to say until I've seen a game. I'm pretty certain of the top two though, in region 4, and those are Oakland and Riverdale. The order is up for grabs. The third and fourth seed I'm not sure about, but I'm pretty sure Lebanon, Smyrna, and Blackman are all in the mix, and some close games will determine who finishes in what spot.

I prefer to keep the "domination" to the season. I don't talk a lot before the season starts mainly because it doesn't make any sense to me to do so. Who knows what could happen within the next 8 weeks. No one does, therefore no one, not even a coach, can say to any type of certainty, how a team will or will not place in the playoffs next year.

I am never inactive, I am always watching, and waiting for an interesting new thread to read. I respond when I have some say in the matter, but if not, then I keep my mouth shut. It only makes sense to do so.

-JohnC