My Guesses at 4-5A

TDCman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going at tops of each region? Or tops overall? Because I would have to question leaving Riverdale and Brentwood out if you were going overall. Going region by region, then I'd agree with ya buddy. As far as the week three FHS-OHS matchup... well, I'll go as far as to say I think it's a preview of the Blue Cross Bowl. I think those two teams are the best in the state in 5A. I may end up being totally wrong, but that's my opinion.

Edited by FHSrebel27

We lost a good QB in Reffugee, but I think that SR Matt Solima will be able to step in there and do a fantastic job. RB Otey is gone and I'm kinda worried about who will step in there and at FB for Green. TE will be a question with Holland gone. But besides that, we didn't lose too much. The defense should be solid really only losing Green and Anderson. As I look now, we lost 9 senior starters. So it sounds like a lot, but I think the Rebs will be OK. They've got a lot of talent in the lower classes to succed. The key for me is Coach Johnson. I think Franklin will be contenders as long as he is there.

Guest region4fan

I am looking forward to the Franklin/ Oakland match-up myself. These are two schools who deserve a little fanfare this year.Boy, that would sure be exciting if you were right about the preliminary Blue Cross Bowl match-up!

Yeah Josh was a great QB, but I tell ya, I think Solima has an even better arm. Whether he'll be able to move around in the pocket, I'm not sure, only time will tell that. And with Solima's cannon and Murray and Nichols at WR, watch for big production in the air. As far as the FS from last year- honestly, I'm having a brain lapse at the moment and can't remember who it was... bad, I know.

RIVERDALE, I think JPATS is right--not. Its funny how JPATS talks so bad about Riverdale when Riverdale has only lost 5 games in the past 4 years (since 1999). J.C. will be lucky to get to the semi-finals. I don't think that they can get past D.B. But I guarantee you one thing, if they do get lucky enough and win, they're going to get a can of whoop #### opened up on them by one of the Murfreesboro teams. Yes a Murfreesboro team WILL be in the semi-finals and the Blue Cross Bowl.

Edited by bhsOL

RIVERDALE, I think JPATS is right--not. Its funny how JPATS talks so bad about Riverdale when Riverdale has only lost 5 games in the past 4 years (since 1999). J.C. will be lucky to get to the semi-finals. I don't think that they can get past D.B. But I guarantee you one thing, if they do get lucky enough and win, they're going to get a can of whoop #### opened up on them by one of the Murfreesboro teams. Yes a Murfreesboro team WILL be in the semi-finals and the Blue Cross Bowl.

uh, i believe jeff co will be there (semis), and they will show riverdale or oakland the benefits of having tremendous speed at ALL the skill positions. that's right, ALL players at the skill positions for jeff are capable of making big plays at any moment. in the end you will finally understand the true concept about speed--speed really does kill.

Jpats, we know speed kills - our guys have been killing folks with overall team speed for years. Pay your 5 bucks and come watch the Warriors play - you'll see REAL team speed. East TN is in a different time zone than Middle TN, and from what I've seen the last couple of years, ya'll need that hour head start.

I agree bhs, that Rutherford County will once again be represented in the Blue Cross Bowl. Hopefully it will be the Warriors again, but time will tell.

This is the best time of year to talk smack, even the teams that won't win a game all season can get on here now and talk.

Jpats, we know speed kills - our guys have been killing folks with overall team speed for years. Pay your 5 bucks and come watch the Warriors play - you'll see REAL team speed. East TN is in a different time zone than Middle TN, and from what I've seen the last couple of years, ya'll need that hour head start.

I agree bhs, that Rutherford County will once again be represented in the Blue Cross Bowl. Hopefully it will be the Warriors again, but time will tell.

This is the best time of year to talk smack, even the teams that won't win a game all season can get on here now and talk.

uh, dude where was you at last yr when riverdale played in the semis? if you watched the game you wouldn't be talking all this smack. riverdale looked weak. and they were very, very fortnuatate to beat DB, the same team that was also fortnuate to be jeff co. my soucres tell me that jeff's very young team (starting 8 jr's & 5 soph's) was quicker and more athletic than riverdale. like i said, they return 15 starters from last yrs team. you figure it out.