William Blount vs Maryville

REBELRON

Thanks for the bulletin board material, retard ron. Keep making ignorant posts like that and the Central coaches will keep printing them and handing them out to the players.

Scrimmaging a few good teams doesn't mean squat. Put some real teams on your schedule - your strength of schedule is unbelievably weak.

If maryville beats central we'll be suicidal? First of all, it's not going to happen. Secondly, unlike you maryville sheep our lives don't revolve around high school football.

Finally, I wouldn't call 2-2 in my last 4 games "pure ownership." You will soon understand the meaning of pure ownership when central absolutely polaxes your little rebels. Mark it down - Your time at the top is over and you all will soon be begging for Central championship t-shirts and Central season tickets. Better get in line soon. The Bobcat train is coming!

That was a great post Goat! Thanking Ron for the bulletin board material and then offering up some of your own. And you are right. In winning three straight titles we have not played anyone. Everything has been given to us. And if we are sheep you are little bo peep because not only do you guys live on this board you usually reside in the Maryville threads. Other than getting waxed by McCallie what other powerhouses has Central played?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central fans must be in denial. Besides, it doesn't matter how weak your regular season schedule is if you still play 15 games in the season. Central fans wouldn't know too much about that except, oh yeah, that time they were runner-up. Here's the games:

97 - 15 games (runner-up)

98 - 15 games ( STATE CHAMPIONS)

99 - 13 games (this is central's one shining moment in recent history)

00 - 15 games ( STATE CHAMPIONS)

01 - 15 games ( STATE CHAMPIONS)

02 - 15 games ( STATE CHAMPIONS)

This is a little visual for you linguistically impaired central fans.

As some other people have said "15 games makes a complete season"

As far as the William Blount - Maryville game goes, Look for another good defensive showing by the Rebels, and a rebounding offense.

Maryville 28, WB - 7

As far as the William Blount - Maryville game goes, Look for another good defensive showing by the Rebels, and a rebounding offense.

Maryville 28, WB - 7

True Rebel:

First, I applaud your support of your team and the fact that you can share you opinions and views without having to trash WB.

Second, I have not nor will not even come close to predicting a WB win. I DO believe that if they play up to their capabilities, it could be a good game.

Lastly, I'm not a betting man. I quit betting when, in high school, I lost a whole week's pay picking UT over somebody (I think it was Rutgers) in a sure thing. But if I were a betting man, I'd bet you a thousand dollars that William Blount scores more than 7 points tomorrow night.

Say what you will, but as of yet, Maryville HAS NOT played anyone with the speed and power of William Blount's offense. I know that historically that the last part of that statement would be an oxymoron, but you check 'em out tomorrow night and see.

Still not sure if they can overcome the "Maryville Mystique" and even be competitive, but I think they'll get in the endzone more than once.

P.S. Here's my one piece of obligatory trash talk ... if Blount's #33--Brad Walker--gets through the line of scrimmage and into your secondary, he WILL NOT be caught. His speed is scary.

Edited by GovMan

Good Post GovMan. This game worries me a lot. I think the key will be Maryville's offense especially early on. If they are clicking early and put some pressure on WB it could force them to get out of their regular offense and have to throw the ball more. On the other hand if it is not and WB is able to run their usual offense, score some points and take some time off the clock Maryville could have major problems. If WB hangs around till the fourth quarter playing at home it will be a toss up. Maryville needs a game like this at this point in the season. A tough challenge on the road. Their offense has not really had a break out game. They could use one friday. As far as the Maryville Mystique I don't know for sure that it applies here. I don't think WB is effected by this type thing as much as some teams. Last year they were a bigger underdog than this year and took the fight right to us.

I can't help but to post in this thread, since I was in Blount County for the past four years at HHS. I think that WB is close to being a very strong program that all who play them have to honor. Coach McMahon, a good friend of mine, worked very hard to turn that program around, and indeed it appears the corner has been turned. I think that Maryville will have their hands full with WB for a while. How long only depends on how bad WB wants the game.

I would also like to post to the guys from Maryville and Central who go at it all the time on CoachT. I love it!! Everyone who does this is showing pride and support for their schools, and this is what makes high school football so enjoyable. Both Maryville and Central have extremely powerful and honored programs, and both will continue to be successful. I know; I have either played or coached against both teams. I was playing at Lincoln County High in 1990 when we defeated Central at Neyland Stadium in the semifinals. I was at Heritage High in '99 when we upset Maryville and in '00 when we won 28-0. Both teams were and still are classy. Good luck to both teams.

CoachDG, Glad to see Heritage get that win over Farragut.

Billygoat is no Central fan. He was blasting them awhile back. He is obsessed with Maryville. John Paul may be a Central fan but billygoat is not. He is nothing but a troublemaker. Look at how many threads that him and bill-morgan have caused to get locked up.

ronnie,

pointing fingers and calling names is child's play. Does it really matter who's fans of what right now? In a few weeks, we'll all be Central fans won't we? Tell GQ he'd better come up with some smoke n' mirror plays that the rebbies can execute while either lying on their back or face down in the turf because that's where they're going to spend most of the night.

I was jumping for joy when HHS beat Farragut. Those coaches are good friends of mine, and together with a couple of other guys, we had HHS turned around. I know they work hard and those kids do also, and they deserve some good fortune.

I just wish that they community would rally behind HHS much like the community has rallied beind WB. MHS and Alcoa already have superb community support. I played ball with a couple of MHS guys and Central guys when I was at Maryville College. The funny thing is, we were all good friends.

Maryville is scared of no one. We scrimmage Austin East,Oak Ridge and Dobyns Bennett every year. Maryville has played Morristown West,Hillsboro,Cleveland,Elizabethon,Greeneville,Whites Creek,Memphis East,Brentwood Academy and Pearl Cohn. Only Pearl Cohn beat them recently.

Maryville sure isn't afraid of Central because Maryville has owned them. 8-2 against them since 1996. Maryville has 7 state titles. That is 7 more than Central. Central wants to be like Maryville. They will never be like Maryville.

1996 MHS 36 CHS 7

1997 MHS 41 CHS 12

1998 MHS 20 CHS 0 MHS 27 CHS 21

1999 MHS 24 CHS 7 CHS 29 MHS 20

2000 CHS 21 MHS 14

2001 MHS 40 CHS 7

2002 MHS 28 CHS 24

That is pure ownership. A lot of those games were beatings.The difference between Maryville and Central is Maryville gets it done(State Championships) Central chokes the bone and never gets it done. Central is a wannabee.

You and your buddies can hate Maryville all you want because Maryville will win another state title before Central will. I know if Maryville beats Central this year you guys will be suicidal. With the good Junior and Sophomore classes,The great Freshmen class, A very good 8th grade class coming along and the best coaching staff around the beatings will continue.You guys better hope that Maryville goes to 5A.

Rebelron,

How many of the previously mentioned teams were during the play-offs ? How many were during the regular season ? Don't bother to mention the scrimmages, they don't go on your record.

Trurebelplaya,

What you say is true.

Most of them were in the playoffs.

Maryville plays their region games.

Central

Halls

Knox West

Clinton

Powell

Carter

Maryville will always play the County Schools.They would be upset if they didn't have a chance to play Maryville.

Heritage

William Blount

Alcoa

This only leaves 1 opening. They have played Morristown West the last few years. Morristown West has been to the semifinals the last 2 years. After next year they may pick up another team.

In the past they had 7 region games. This was when South Doyle and Anderson County was in the region.This goes with the 3 county school games.