WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel, are you insinuating that I'm stupid, as is the Tennessean, as is the AP poll? Or is it you think ftballkicker is stupid? A stupid opinion is either one that is not supported by accepted truths or facts, or made by someone who is totally ignorant, i.e. "stupid." Last year, I could have characterized your blind obsession as "stupid." Legitmately, an argument can be made for a number of teams being ranked the best in Williamson county. Or is stupid only one that doesn't agree with your view of the world? Chemicals in those Old Navy blue jeans must be scrambling your brain. Personally, I don't think Franklin is as good as they were last year as well. Mexican stand-off.

Rebel, are you insinuating that I'm stupid, as is the Tennessean, as is the AP poll? Or is it you think ftballkicker is stupid? A stupid opinion is either one that is not supported by accepted truths or facts, or made by someone who is totally ignorant, i.e. "stupid." Last year, I could have characterized your blind obsession as "stupid." Legitmately, an argument can be made for a number of teams being ranked the best in Williamson county. Or is stupid only one that doesn't agree with your view of the world? Chemicals in those Old Navy blue jeans must be scrambling your brain. Personally, I don't think Franklin is as good as they were last year as well. Mexican stand-off.

Hey, dude, don't get so up-in-arms. Read his post again...he wasn't at all insulting your Bruins. He was stating that they are technically one of the best in the state based upon their undefeated record, and anyone who didn't acknowledge that would be stupid.

Rebel27, Did I detect in a recent post that you're now officially giving love to Dickson County? Two weeks ago, I mentioned that I thought the Cougars were pretty good and you wore me out about their schedule. Could it be that I'm a little ahead of the curve? I've got another hot tip for you. Antioch. Saw those guys last week and the Bears left a big impression despite losing. Can't throw it a lick, but they have the most physical defense I've seen yet. Scary big, not just one or two guys - but everybody in the box.

Rebel, are you insinuating that I'm stupid, as is the Tennessean, as is the AP poll? Or is it you think ftballkicker is stupid? A stupid opinion is either one that is not supported by accepted truths or facts, or made by someone who is totally ignorant, i.e. "stupid."  Last year, I could have characterized your blind obsession as "stupid." Legitmately, an argument can be made for a number of teams being ranked the best in Williamson county.  Or is stupid only one that doesn't agree with your view of the world?  Chemicals in those Old Navy blue jeans must be scrambling your brain.  Personally, I don't think Franklin is as good as they were last year as well. Mexican stand-off.

The Tennessean poll IS stupid. Crazy, in fact. If you had to bet your life on a game between Lipscomb and Brentwood Academy, which would you choose? My guess is that Lockeridge would do the same. I can't argue with MBA and Lincoln County at 1&2...they've earned that. He's simply trying to stir it up with his ratings the rest of the way.

Edited by itzme

Hey, dude, don't get so up-in-arms. Read his post again...he wasn't at all insulting your Bruins. He was stating that they are technically one of the best in the state based upon their undefeated record, and anyone who didn't acknowledge that would be stupid.

I'll insult his Bruins. They are very overrated, and people like Brian Lillie here make me angry. He always has. Sorry. I wish you guys would have scheduled us this year. It would feel good knowing that we are your only loss up to this point again this season.

I would say this year and last year's Franklin teams are equal, but different. They are smaller this year up front, but make up for it on the edges with better(as in older, they're the same people) receivers. I think this year's team has a better tailback then last year, but not quite as good a fullback. Linebackers are pretty similar as is the secondary. I think Franklin has a very good chance to do as well as last year's team if not do better.

The Tennessean poll IS stupid. Crazy, in fact. If you had to bet your life on a game between Lipscomb and Brentwood Academy, which would you choose? My guess is that Lockeridge would do the same. I can't argue with MBA and Lincoln County at 1&2...they've earned that. He's simply trying to stir it up with his ratings the rest of the way.

Oh, I agree that the Tennessean poll is stupid. As we have previously discussed, though, it is more of a people-pleaser than an actual assessment of where the teams are. It still makes me cringe, though.

Until Brentwood is knocked off in teh playoffs they are the best team in 5a(as much as that hurts to say it is the truth)

You hvae to beat the champ before becoming the champ.

I understand that reasoning...the champ has to be beaten before they are no longer the champ, but everybody doesn't see it that way. I am reminded of a few years ago when Shelbyville girls basketball team was undefeated and ended up #1 in the USA TODAY. They went through the next season undefeated again and state champs again, but USA TODAY named someone else National Champs...go figure.

But like I said, until Brentwood loses, they are the champs.

I'll mimic, to a degree, Jeff Lockridge and the other prep writers and coaches with their poll. They see a whole lot more teams than I do:

1. Brentwood

2. Franklin

3. BA

4. BGA

5. Centennial

6. CPA, Page

8. Ravenwood

9. Fairview

10. Vagabond Private Academy (MBA players, Lipscomb players, Ryan players who live in Williamson County)

Brentwood is really finding out how big the target is on their backs this year. Every team gets geeked up to knock them off every week, which the law of averages says should happen eventually. The real accomplishment will be to the team that knocks them out of the playoffs or championship, if that should happen. Expecting Ravenwood and Coach Jack to give the Bruins their best shot of the year. I also expect Coach Jack to empty out his playbook.

Let me let you in on a little known fact...contrary to popular belief, CPA IS NOT IN WILLIAMSON COUNTY, therefore they can't be tied with Page!