Its time

REBELRON

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno who is gunna win this, i haven't seen Central, but I haven't really been terribly impressed with Maryville. I think that Maryville always does the best with the least amount of talent, every year, so I think that the talent think is kinda crazy. Hillsboro had 10 times more talent, we see how that ended up. Its up in the air really.

AERoadrunners Posted on Oct 21 - 10:11 AM

I must agree with you, this game will be the best game in the State. #1 Maryville vs not ranked Central. What's up with that? Central should be in the top 10 but you know they only put the top 5 in the paper. Still keeping my prediciton and that's Central by 7 or less. I'm feeling good about my pick too

if you look in todays paper(news sentinel), you will see that central is ranked #4 in the state in 4a

1 MARYVILLE

2 HILLSBORO

3 MELROSE

4 KNOXVILLE CENTRAL

5 CLEVELAND

Edited by pepvol

Yes indeed the time has come. The time has come for Maryville to be knocked from their lofty pearch. The Rebel's reign will end on Friday night. Central will win by 2 + touchdowns. Let me explain why.

Maryville is by no means as athletic as Central. Everyone talks about Young and Jackson. But rest assured if you forget about Helton, Gaston, Scott etc... they will burn you. Maryville has no one who can match up with Central skill players.

Central is much improved on defense. Early on Central was experimenting with their scheme and personnel. Well now they have figured it out. They have all of their players in the best spots and Maryville will simply not be able to run the ball. If Maryville goes to the pass be prepared for several interceptions by the Bobcats.

Comparing both teams against Halls. All though I didn't see the game I was told Central absolutely dominated Halls. Central scored 31 and from what I understand from individuals at the game it could have been 51 if not for all of the penalties. Central scored all of their points on offense without the help of Halls turnovers. Maryville on the other hand was given alot of help from the red devils. Scoring 21 of their 42 points as an result of int. returns.

The bottom line is this. All though Maryville has a slight advantage in coaching Central has a huge advantage in players. Maryville be prepared to be dethroned!

Last week I picked Halls to give Central a tough game. I was wrong. Not because I over estimated Halls but because I may have underestimated Central.

Central is the real deal. Central 24 Maryville 10 :ph34r::);)

your entitled to your opinion redrage , but you also say you didn't even see the game , if your going to make your decision based on the mutual matchup between halls , let me clue you in on something, don't bother . you try to make it sound like MARYVILLE squeaked by halls and if it wasn't for 3 interceptions ......ok whatever . MARYVILLE could of named the score against halls . we called the dogs off way early that night . i have no doubt that CENTRAL did dominate halls , because we did too . i've seen a few other posters say something about the MARYVILLE - HALLS game , like , well you take those 3 interceptions away .... well geeezzz , if you take them away maybe we played our first string a little bit in the 3rd quarter . i'm not putting halls down , it's just the truth , they are really down this year , very young . i guess i sound a little defensive , just getting tired of being disrespected and everyone praying we get beat .

btw , if you want to play that silly game of comparing mutual matchups , why don't you ask william blount who played them the toughest ?? your comparing apples and oranges when you talk about mutual matchups .

Edited by pepvol

I could care less what you say about Halls. Iam telling you I have seen Central play all of their home games and I have seen Maryville there is no comparison. Central will dominate. My point about the interceptions was that Halls helped Maryville out and they made Central earn it by at least not turning the ball over. Plus according to the paper Central had about 100 yds in penalties vs. Halls. I don't hpoe Maryville gets beat. Maryville has a great program and repesents E. Tn. well each year. I am just saying this years representative will be red and black in the form of bobcats. At about 5:30 Friday afternoon I will walk down Essary Rd. past the fire hall to Dan Y. Boring Stadium to watch the Bobcats soundly defeat the Rebels.

ok , maybe i can give coach QUARLES a call and tell him not to even bother going . maybe i'll just go to littons and get me a big ol burger to waller in my sorrows .

oh , btw , the last time MARYVILLE played CENTRAL there i walked to the game too , i used to live just 2 streets from the stadium . now i'm back home in good ol MARYVILLE !! great to be back home .

Edited by pepvol

We can go on and on about asking other teams who is tougher, Halls, West, Carter, WB, AE, DB, Mo West, they have all seen both Maryville and Central this year in action either in games or scrimmages. But the truth remains that neither team has played any other team like they will play each other this friday. Everybody gets up to play Maryville just like everybody gets up to play Central. So it makes sense that the two really get up to play each other. It will be a good one.