Its time

REBELRON

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes indeed the time has come. The time has come for Maryville to be knocked from their lofty pearch. The Rebel's reign will end on Friday night. Central will win by 2 + touchdowns. Let me explain why.

Maryville is by no means as athletic as Central. Everyone talks about Young and Jackson. But rest assured if you forget about Helton, Gaston, Scott etc... they will burn you. Maryville has no one who can match up with Central skill players.

Central is much improved on defense. Early on Central was experimenting with their scheme and personnel. Well now they have figured it out. They have all of their players in the best spots and Maryville will simply not be able to run the ball. If Maryville goes to the pass be prepared for several interceptions by the Bobcats.

Comparing both teams against Halls. All though I didn't see the game I was told Central absolutely dominated Halls. Central scored 31 and from what I understand from individuals at the game it could have been 51 if not for all of the penalties. Central scored all of their points on offense without the help of Halls turnovers. Maryville on the other hand was given alot of help from the red devils. Scoring 21 of their 42 points as an result of int. returns.

The bottom line is this. All though Maryville has a slight advantage in coaching Central has a huge advantage in players. Maryville be prepared to be dethroned!

Last week I picked Halls to give Central a tough game. I was wrong. Not because I over estimated Halls but because I may have underestimated Central.

Central is the real deal. Central 24 Maryville 10 :(:(;)

Let's see Redrage other than guaranteeing a Central win you said Maryville will not be able to run the ball. If Central plays them straight up I disagree. If Central loads the box with 8 or 9 then Maryville will make them pay with the pass. I am not saying Central has not improved on defense but I dont think they have to the point that they can shut down both the pass and run of Maryville. Remember this is not Halls, Clinton or siegel coming to town Friday night. Interceptions are not guaranteed every week. Comparing the Halls games are pointless. Maryville played them in week two and was without their top two running backs. Still managed to "squeak" by them though. We were not as athletic nor as fast as Hillsboro last year or the year before either. And where was all that athleticism when McCallie held Central to 7 points on their own field? I know you guys have talked about McCallie like they are world beaters but if the state is going to be represented by the red and black of Central this year you guys should be able to make a better showing than that especially at home. McCallie aside Maryville has been exposed to a lot better competition than Central has the past few years simply because they have gone all the way each year. Don't get me wrong I am not saying Central may not win but to guarantee a 14 point victory? Should Maryville luck up and win dont do anything rash. You made your eagerness for them to lose pretty obvious.

This is just the same old story for Maryville. It happens every single year. There's always some big showdown with a bunch of hype and for several years in a row, Maryville has come out of those games with a big W. A couple years ago it was Morristown. Now its central. Big deal. I still think whatever the outcome of this game is, Maryville will still end up going back to state. But experience is everything. The seniors on this team have never not won a state championship. They know how to prep for a big game like this mentally. Central is just another intriguing chapter in the book of Maryville's growing dynasty.

Yes indeed the time has come. The time has come for Maryville to be knocked from their lofty pearch. The Rebel's reign will end on Friday night. Central will win by 2 + touchdowns. Let me explain why.

Maryville is by no means as athletic as Central. Everyone talks about Young and Jackson. But rest assured if you forget about Helton, Gaston, Scott etc... they will burn you. Maryville has no one who can match up with Central skill players.

Central is much improved on defense. Early on Central was experimenting with their scheme and personnel. Well now they have figured it out. They have all of their players in the best spots and Maryville will simply not be able to run the ball. If Maryville goes to the pass be prepared for several interceptions by the Bobcats.

Comparing both teams against Halls. All though I didn't see the game I was told Central absolutely dominated Halls. Central scored 31 and from what I understand from individuals at the game it could have been 51 if not for all of the penalties. Central scored all of their points on offense without the help of Halls turnovers. Maryville on the other hand was given alot of help from the red devils. Scoring 21 of their 42 points as an result of int. returns.

The bottom line is this. All though Maryville has a slight advantage in coaching Central has a huge advantage in players. Maryville be prepared to be dethroned!

Last week I picked Halls to give Central a tough game. I was wrong. Not because I over estimated Halls but because I may have underestimated Central.

Central is the real deal. Central 24 Maryville 10 :(;):(

IF does'nt cut it, you can say if all you want, but what matters is what the final score says.

Hey boyz!

I think some people missed one of my better pieces of prose...so by demand:

Hey boyz!

Sorry for the hiatus...I have been on holiday in Oslo, Norway. The Red Rebel Club had me go over there and try and recruit this international student. His name is Ben Futbohl. His nickname is "Luv" and believe me from what Suzette says it is very appropro!

So "Luv" Futbohl is planning to come to Maryville next year. He is waiting to hear whether or not Clausen is going to sign with the Mountaineers or not!

If Clausen goes to HHS then I believe Suzette and I have locked up another one for the red and black!

This kid can play...he runs a wind aided 4.4 forty, hits like a mack truck and has legs the size of Bo Jackson and most of all...he loves football!

Now to the family affair, momma could you and your brother quit having family chats on here? I mean that stuff is personal and I am sure you wouldn't want to hear my personal stuff on here!

MHS I saw a real cute picture in the Daily Misprint the other day...I can't believe she is 40.

Starz I have been missing you and Daddy said he could use some of your skills up on the mountain.

I am looking for Alcoa maybe win their region...depends on tomorrow night!

Maryville wins their region and William Blount gets in the playoffs! Heritage don't hang your heads I saw the game at Ooltewah and you guyz played well enough to win. Looked like the officials had too much influence in that game. I was standing at the end zone and he looked in to me!

No sour grapes though, just keep playing hard and things will fall in place!

Gov Man...like you said moral victories are hard to swallow sometimes. I look for the Govs to get on track tomorrow night.

I will be shaking my groove thang at K.C. and the Sunshine Band. "I'm your boogie man, boogie man, turn me on!"

Love you boyz!

Love you boyz!

:blink: